PDA

View Full Version : Where do i catch Decent sized Catfish???

FisHiNg_LeGeNd
08-10-2005, 08:20 AM
Hi guys I am new to the board just found out about a few days ago. I was wonderin where the catfishing is good right now? Me and my dad love to catfish but we always catch little ones. We tried our luck at Knights Landing but its full of trash. I want to catch big ones or atleast decent sized...Great Forum really impressed.

Thank you
D_Lowe

Erreck
08-10-2005, 08:29 AM
Welcome to the boards FisHiNg_LeGeNd!

The catfishing is good to really good almost everywhere right now. There are a few people on this forum that fish your area and can probably put you on some decent sized cats in no time... From what I've heard and seen recently, the Delta has been producing some good cats. But, it's hit and miss. Out of 5 trips you may only have 1 worth talking about.

FisHiNg_LeGeNd
08-10-2005, 11:47 AM
thanks for the info man...I love this site i dont think i will ever leave it unless i am gunna fish...lol...j/k...thanks again...

D_Lowe

JIM_D.
08-10-2005, 03:58 PM
If you are looking for cats in the 3/4 to 3 lb range, Miner slough in the northwest delta. Next to an island that has tules in about 12 foot of water, they go for sardines, chicken livers, nightcrawlers or just about anything you want to put out. I have never tried clams there. JIM D.

FisHiNg_LeGeNd
08-10-2005, 04:28 PM
I live in Roseville...So i know a little about the delta but i have no idea where u are talkin about..Can you give me directions i would appreciate it...Thank You...

D_Lowe

MB_Kevin
08-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Right now you can go to lake berryessa and get some nice cats. Most I get are in the 5 pound range right now. Not sure how far that is from where you are but its worth a 2 hour drive for me when I have some time. try hot dog or night crawlers on the bottom. ;)

panfish_popper
08-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Berryessa is pretty good. Hot Dogs and Chicken Livers are the best right now! Night Crawlers aint producing :(

fishrman4life
08-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Mather holds some good ones...up to 12 pounds

fishn4me
08-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Since the water is up I suggest Folsom lake, during the weekdays the far back of Granite Bay is open, Beeks Bight produces well. I too live in Roseville we should hook up and I can show you a couple of spots.

BassFooler
08-11-2005, 08:11 AM
Welcome to the boards Legend-
as stated above- the delta is pretty hot for kitties right now-
I usually produce pretty well in the general Hogsback launch area.

AllFishNoWork
08-11-2005, 08:13 AM
Beeks Bight produces well

I haven't fished there for 2 years, but had good luck there also. We used to go about 6pm, bbq burgers and then catfish until about 9:30 when the rangers came around to close up. Decent size cats, 6-12 lbs. Bass, blue gil and Carp(I heard) back there too. Rattlesnake Bar can be productive too.

Also, not too far from you is Camp Far West, but I haven't been there in at least 3 years.