PDA

View Full Version : delta- night of 7/24

yakky
07-25-2005, 02:01 PM
Launched out of Holland about 8:30 pm with a neighbor and his two sons. Went to where Middle river and connection slough meet. Caught a bunch of small stripers and a handful of small cats. We then moved down connection slough back towards Old river. First cast I catch the biggest fish of the night- a whopping 2 pound cat. We caught several more small cats and stripers till 1:30 am when we called it. The cats were hitting on Shad, worms and clams. Stripers were hitting anchovies and shad. Fun night overall just catching fish especially for the youngsters.

badbobfishing33
07-25-2005, 03:34 PM
Where is this...can you shore fish also???

yakky
07-25-2005, 08:58 PM
Badbob, Holland Marina is near Knightsen (Holland Tract)off of Old River. Connection Slough "connects" Old River and Middle River. Sorry but no shorefishing at the exact spots I was at. We were fishing away from the banks. I dont know if there is any shore access at the point of connection slough and middle river which is the area where we started except we were further out from the bank. There is a bridge that goes over connection slough just west of this junction, but I dont know what road that is.