PDA

View Full Version : Lake Chabot 7/17/05

usarfang
07-17-2005, 09:24 PM
Was at lake chabot today for catfish, fished from 0900-2130. didn't have a single bite... when i first started fishing at 9, i was at catfish landing and saw one guy had a 3lb catfish. other than that, no catfish was found through out the day. i started at catfish landing at 9 then moved up north to hoonker bay around 1130. saw about 5 catfish jumpin out of the water and it was right above my bait..... none of them was biting my bait which was berkely powerbait liver, nightcrawlers and mackerel. i don't know what the hell is wrong but not a single bite between 1200-1715 so i headed back to the marina because i ran out of water for like 3 hours and got dehydrated out in the sun. got to the marina around 1745 picked me up some water and asked the guy who worked there on where to catch catfish. he told me to goto the 1st dock on the south left of the lake, so i went there and fished till 2130 with same bait. not a single bite... same as the people around me, not a single bite...
so, today was some madd skunkage.

panfish_popper
07-17-2005, 10:14 PM
If you want some catfish. Go to Berryessa. I heard theres a hot bite and there landing them off every shore!

surfnturf
07-18-2005, 01:35 AM
Chabot is really hot and cold sometimes. The last time my brother and I went a few weeks ago we fished nightcrawlers off the first dock and got a few trout. Another guy got a bite on his pole but wasn't fast enough on the hookset and lost the fish. For catfish the best spots seem to be Raccoon Point and the disabled dock.