PDA

View Full Version : Better than "Hot Sauce"

FoolFishin
10-08-2006, 07:58 AM
My Fluger (sp) finally broke in and began to tighten up. Used Aladdin's "Magic Lube #630" and it is silky smooth. Has twice the teflon and has lasted months now. 8-)I got it from a supplier when in heavy sheetmetal/trucking industry. FYI its waterproof, chemical resistant, prevents rust, wide temp range (0'-425'), meant for motors, o-rings,gaskets, bearings, water filters.

When I find out where locally to get I'll repost or if anyone finds it please post. What I found so far: Apparently from a pool company ::)

Found online: http://www.everything4pools.com/products/54/278.html

Perhaps Leslies Pool Supplies. :-/

Anyways the point being great product for maintaining those screaming thangs ;)

metalmouth
10-08-2006, 08:26 AM
I believe Hot Sauce is the stuff we use for our ice fishing reels. It is designed to work in extreme cold. They carry it at Sportsmans. It seems to work all year around. A product with more Teflon is a good thing. :D

FoolFishin
10-08-2006, 04:31 PM
True that. I use Hot sauce on my trout rods for dem hills. Especially when fishin in a snow storm.. LOL memories of being white but wearin blue and makin sure line not frozen to reel or guides. ;D This other stuff has worked great for the flatlands- so far. Personally I prefer the teflon over grafite- slicker and cleaner. 8-)

SalmonHunter
10-09-2006, 04:52 PM
hot sauce and reel x are both great oils should be used by anyone who does a good amount of casting will keep ur reel in good shape and quiet and deffenately smooth have to check this stuff ur talkin about more f.f.

sh

FoolFishin
10-09-2006, 08:30 PM
I should mention it is thicker than oil- more like vasoline viscosity but stays put where ya want it.

S.H. if ya hit the big V one of these days hit me with a p.m. and I'll bring it with. (or to any fellow sniffer that is) 8-) I'm out there 1-2 times a week if God's willing and the Devil doesn't object. ;D

SalmonHunter
10-09-2006, 08:55 PM
thanks for the offer