PDA

View Full Version : fishing logs

troutbitch
04-27-2007, 09:44 AM
hey all,

i read once if you keep a log of your trips you will start to build a pattern on where and times to go fishing. so the question is does anyone use a log or have any ideas of where i can find any other than making up one of my own. [smiley=angling.gif]

RonM
04-27-2007, 09:50 AM
You might want to try a search on the site, I know there was talk several months back on logs.

Intimidator
04-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Allways have, I just use a callander and date book.
Put what ever kind of info in it you want.

sunracer1957
04-27-2007, 10:29 AM
I started keeping a log when I first got my boat but changed gears sence then, now I take pics of all my trips and catches and the pics are dated and put in folders ( on the computer ) this way I just look at the folder for whatever month it is and know what I caught when and where. I know some folks keep all kinds of info about what was used and such, but it seems to me if I'm fishing for a certain type of fish I end up pulling the same lures I always do for that species anyhow, so I figured why bother :P

metalmouth
04-27-2007, 12:08 PM
I agree about seeing patterns with a fishing log. It also helps you remember the little things you learn each time out. Overall it can be very valuable when it's been a year since you last fished those circumstances.

Irish
04-27-2007, 12:25 PM
troutmaster,
Try this web site. You can get a free download for "Angler's eLog"
http://www.bluelaketackle.com/

waterdog
04-27-2007, 12:52 PM
I keep both a detailed fishing log and a hunting log and information is invaluable. In addition when the weather is to inclement to fish/hunt you can kick back and read through your log and relive memorable fishing trips.
Waterdog :)

dimpala95
04-27-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm like Waterdog, I keep records of both hunting and fishing outings.

troutbitch
04-27-2007, 08:08 PM
thanks for the link irish, and thanks to every one else for the ideas. good luck with the fish. [smiley=angling.gif]

Irish
04-28-2007, 07:01 AM
Glad to help,
You kinda have to work with the log to set it up the way you want it but it's fun to play with.