PDA

View Full Version : Little Grass valley

Big Ken
04-05-2007, 01:52 PM
The wife & I are camping up there in late June & wondered what kind of fish are in that lake? Kokes? Browns? I know DFG plants up there but is there "bigger than that" in there?

Thanks for any help you can give me on fishing this lake.

fishnphool

garrett_s
04-05-2007, 07:45 PM
i went camping there in august last year one hookup thats it

fernley_tim
04-05-2007, 08:03 PM
I know in the late 70s a guy I went to high scohool with caught a 20 + pound rainbow there ::) I never saw a picture but was told it was some kind of record at the time I have not fished it in about 15 years but we always did good there. I dont recall catching anything over 20" use the same lures as most any other sierra lakes flashers and crawlers, rapalas, dick nights, needle fish ect. maybe ill give it another shot this year :-/ let me know how you do Tim.

tdekens
04-06-2007, 06:50 AM
LGV is a small serene place to go fishing to get away from it all. Its good to get out of the valley heat and not too bad till the skiers come up as well. The best place to go is from the river inlet into the lake along that shoreline towards the dam. You only need to go about half way as that is where most of the fish is holding. Most people like to go as soon as it opens to catch the holdovers. shhh, secret ;)
2Shakes

Captain_Morgan
04-06-2007, 07:40 AM
I was there last year for a day trip by myself & caught small kokes all over the lake. I tried for browns in the afternoon,no luck. The Kokes are very small, 9" to 11". They don't get much bigger than that. Very nice lake.