PDA

View Full Version : Who has lighted docks for night fishing @ Rio Vist

dpsa98
03-20-2007, 05:20 PM
I am interested in doing some night fishing after work sometimes. I went out a few weeks back and launched from Brannon Island everything seemed fine it was a nice evening but very dark on the water, lots of cloud cover. We decided to head back to the dock at around 11pm when we turned into the cove we could not see a thing. All of the lights at the boat launch were out. Do they not keep them on at night? Are there any docks in that area where you can get back to at night and see what your doing

You should have seen us trying to dock the boat in the complete dark. We looked like a couple of clowns.... ;D ;D ;D

One other thing I have to keep in mind when I launch my boat. I have to use my wifes BRIGHT YELLOW Ford Escape 6 cyl but its a 4 wheel drive truck. So the dock cant be too steep. I got stuck trying to launch at 8 mile road last year. I thought my wifes engine was going to blow up.. :o

Anyway thank you in advance for any assistance or info you can give

ric1ric
03-21-2007, 02:16 PM
I think they leave a couple of lites on on the weekend, the last time I was there it was a monday and they were off then. You know across the Sac. theres The Point in Rio Vista? The marina behind it is Delta Marina they have a small one lane launch, the parking lot can only handle about six rigs. They also sell Fuel 24hrs. if you have plastic. Lots of lites a little tricky in and out of the marina.

Troutdraggin
03-23-2007, 04:06 PM
That's an interesting subject. I was looking into installing lights for a dock on the Sac River at Red Bluff with the Forest Service and the US Fish And Wildlife Service was very concerned and mostly against it. They were afraid of the lights attracting the juvenile salmon and preditor fish feeding on them. I retired before we were able to submit a grant to Calf Boating and Waterways to install docks and improve the facilities there. But the lighting was a big issue on the river.

Fishmom
03-23-2007, 08:33 PM
I suggest you get yourself a battery powered spotlight for your boat, or one that plugs in to whatever kind of outlet you have on your boat. It's a good idea for safety in an emergency if you are out at night anyway. You cannot depend on any agency to be in place when you need to land.