PDA

View Full Version : Mather Lake

dark_knight
03-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Has anybody fished their. Is it free. I am looking for somewhere close by and I am thiking about trying mather or howe park. And I saw mather was just stocked recently so I was wondering if anybody knew were to fish their and how to get there. I went to elk grove park recently and I didnt like how dirty the water looked, so I wanted to try a diffrent place till the strippers and shad come back to the american.

fishn4me
03-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Mather costs $4.00 just like Gibson. Mather is the largest of the Sacramento lakes and holds lots of fish. You can use a boat with an electric only (no launch ramp its carry in) Its my favorite of the lakes/Ponds. Its located off of Douglas Rd in Rancho off of Sunrise by the shooting range. Its family friendly nice place for the kids and stuff. Howe is tiny, you can cast accross it from almost anywhere. Not very high on my list. I fished Gibson over the weekend with my 3 yr son. Didn't see any action. PM if you need more info.

LordRooster
03-05-2007, 10:28 PM
bass, trout and cats, some crappie. Worms and powerbait have worked best for me out there. Lots and lots of moss so lures are no good. I fish there all the time.

sehoner
03-06-2007, 06:09 PM
went there a couple of weeks back. right when the weather was changing, ;) so i didnt catch anything. tried PB,worms, lures and everything else in my box for nada. cost 4 bucks to park. bathroms and all that jazz. it is a cool park, ive just never caught anything other than BG there.

rymerpt
03-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Awsome lake in the spring. I float tube it and just slay the Bass with a fly pole. I have buddies that have caught Bass as big as 12 lbs and catfish up to 30 lbs. The back of the lake up in the reeds holds the whopper Bass. Near the dam is deeper and good for cats. They do stock with trout, but they seem to get caught quickly after each plant. The plants in the water makes fishin it a chalange. The top water bite for bass is explosive and fly poppers work great or the weedless frog (spin casters) works real well. Best results from a personal floatation device, but fish can be had from shore.

rymerpt