PDA

View Full Version : leader storage

atavuss
10-18-2006, 04:47 PM
I would like to pre tie leaders at home to take out on the water but have not found a good way to store them so that when I need one it is not all twisted and knotted........any ideas?

viper2
10-18-2006, 05:15 PM
Try the ones that look like a plastic stick covered in velcro. *They have different styles for different types of leaders and hold about a dozed per-tied leaders. *

I have used these for striper leaders, leaders with hooks, and leaders with snaps/clips.

Fisherman's Warehouse should have them.

Jason
10-18-2006, 05:17 PM
I picked up a leader holder that I think is made by Macs. Its got a cork center and you wrap the line in a separate section on the outside. It works good for me. I picked mine up at Fishermans Warehouse.

Durb
10-18-2006, 05:19 PM
I tied a bunch of pretied leaders for pyramid with a snap swivel on one end and a duo snap on the other. * I used a piece of pipe insulation. The foam stuff that comes in 5' lenghts. *A couple 8-12" pieces held 6-8 leaders each. *I cut a small slit in the foam. Stuck the *swivel end in, wrapped the leader and made another slit and stuck the duo snap in. *Worked great!

jgr7
10-18-2006, 08:41 PM
I just roll them up around my fingers and then take a half of a twist tie from the garbage bags and twist it around one side. Keep a bunch of these in your box as they get lost, and it won't cost you anything.
Jeff