PDA

View Full Version : lake berryessa

folsomfisher916
08-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Im going down to lake berryessa to go camping and need to know what side has good camp grounds along witht he BEST fishing off shore (NIGHT/Catfish) We have a boat for the day. Also what kinda fish are out there what times of the day and what to use? Thanks guys This is our first time out to the lake and i hope to have a good time

Trout_Terminator
08-28-2006, 08:20 PM
shoot panfish popper, and MB a PM they camp there all the time. i bet they could put you in the right direction *;)

panfish_popper
08-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Where are you camping at? If your camping on a weekend, the day shorefishing will suck do to all the swimmers but at night for cats any shore will work...Bass are biting in the day but you will have to find them in a secluded cove that you can get to in the boat.

Here's the campgrounds(if you havent already reserved):
http://www.anglernet.com/web/lakes/beryesa/berycamp.htm

And here's a fishing report for Berryessa that was just updated today:
http://www.spanishflatresort.com/fishing.php

-Panfish Popper

MB_Kevin
08-28-2006, 08:39 PM
Yea Ive had the best fishing luck at Spanish flats but alot of them are good. My worst luck has been at steel park. Cat fishing should be good off any bank but like panfish popper said it can be hard during the day due to crowds. Find somewhere that is not crowded and you should do fine. for cats use a sliding sinker rig with your bait on or near the bottom with night crawler, dead minnow, hot dog or chicken liver (garlic flavor works good) for bass and bluegill just use night crawler under a bobber or you could throw some lures.
good luck and post up how you do. If you have a boat go find a cove somewhere and have fun ;)

folsomfisher916
08-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Thanks guys for ALL the help You can rent boats there right. also i
picked up some random stuff like, Rooster tails and spoons along with salmon eggs and hook's and a buckets of Strike king catfish Dynamiate, I also had cat fish rigs but there not in my bag so i think i forgot them at the store. I didnt know we were going to Berryessa untill today i thought we were going to scotts flat so the rooster tails and stff my not be needed Oh well

MB_Kevin
08-28-2006, 09:33 PM
are you going during the week? or weekend? I think it would be hard to get a spot this weekend. I hope you have reservations somewhere. You can rent boats at some of the places like spanish flats. Unless it is this weekend then I would call and see if you can reserve one. I went up there once on the last weekend of summer like labor day would be without thinking about it on saterday night. we had to sleep in the car until sunday afternoon to get a spot.

blue_chrush
08-30-2006, 08:39 PM
camping this weekend is gone......
there is day use only in most of the ramps...
as for fishing the cats have been great around the docks
and cover, and come on all kinds of baits.....
mackerel is a fav.....
camping and shore fishing is only allowed from
the west shore nothing on the east.....
bass is fair, and crappie is great....
bluegills near cover and shore....
and trout if you have a fishfinder and kokanee
in the deep water down like 35-50ft.......
you can get some top-water trolling early in the am....daybreak
I'll be out sat/sun on blue crush and I'm in steel park resort....
that's just my take on it and I'm sticking to it.....

thead highjack

who else is going to berryessa this weekend...???
and where...
I'm planning on steel park resort sat/sun.....

MB_Kevin
09-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Crappie is great???is this true...Please PM me if it is I dont always check this thread but if this is so I want to head up there!!! Is it only a morning bite or can We get them at night with a light?? I just got a new light too I want to try out.

Thanks MB