PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mead

jfish986
08-29-2006, 09:28 AM
Hey guys,
I'm leaving on friday for a ten day trip to Lake Mead.
If anyone has any inside info that they want to share
please do.
We will be launching out of South Cove and fishing every day. ;D

Can't wait.

cornfused
08-31-2006, 05:27 AM
Jfish, I'm not sure where south cove is, but we have done well fishing the Las Vegas wash area the three times I have been there. *This area tends to hold large numbers of shad, and thus stripers.

We launch at Lake Mead Marina and boat up towards the end of the first arm on the West side of the lake. *Click on the following link for a map. *Las Vegas wash is the arm that has the "Old location of Las Vegas marina" listed. *Look for bait fish breaking the surface early in the morning and fish these areas. *Swim tail shad immitation lures work well when the shad are breaking the surface. *Try cut bait in the deeper water later in the day.

http://www.riverlakes.com/images/BoulderMapM5.gif

Good luck

jfish986
08-31-2006, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the tips.
BTW South Cove is on the opposite side of the lake.
Closer to Temple Bar.

cornfused
08-31-2006, 08:51 PM
Sorry JFish, can't help you - I haven't fished that part of the lake.

Big_Easy
09-01-2006, 07:26 AM
Try fishing with trout imitations! *Stripers feed on trout in Mead! *Make sure you have spoons for feeding frenzy early in the morning and late evening! *Catch a few blue gills and fish for monster cats at night! *

It's a lot of lake to cover and keep hydrated due to the high heat index!

Check the regulations down there, cause you may have to keep what you catch! *Stripers were introduced and they are really prolific feeders and eat everything!!!!! *I mean everything!

Yep, your going to have *great time! *Oh yeah, take quarters just in case you run out! :D