PDA

View Full Version : Shasta Lake Friday August 25

Budman
08-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Started the day around 0700 at the Pit Bridge. *The water was around 77 degrees.

Got a 16 incher on a SilverBlue Hummdinger at 55'. *After a long pause I got two Eagle Lake strain Trout at 65' on the same HD.

By 0900 the bite got even slower and the recreation traffic picked up.

Headed down to the Dam area--no hits. *Trolled up into Dry Fork and was rewarded with a VERY strong 20" Salmon picked up at 100' on a Yozuri (sp?)--that topped off my day so I headed for a tailgater in the parking lot.

A fishing friend in another boat got a similar size Salmon at 90' on a PurpleWhite HD.

There are fish to be had at shallower depths, in fact I saw at least one smaller Trout brought in by a top liner. *However, the healthier and larger fish will be found in the colder water. *And of course the larger Salmon typically hang out even deeper.

Kneedeep
08-27-2006, 01:00 AM
Again great report Budman. Love the salmon fight but I hate it when they run strait at you. Kneedeep

Budman
08-27-2006, 08:31 AM
...Love the salmon fight but I hate it when they run strait at you. *Kneedeep

I have watched some guys stop their forward speed when working a hooked fish. I prefer to keep my kicker motor at idle speed; if a fish starts around me I activate my CoPilot Minn Kota.

Geez, I think I just hijacked my own thread...