PDA

View Full Version : THREE STAR DAYS

FISHSTALKER
10-28-2005, 06:58 AM
There are two three Star days in November. Wednesday the 2nd and Friday the 11th. Good days to plan a return trip to my favorite little lake. With the change in weather and the drop in temps, the prospects should be very good. ;D Got to get there before the snow flys. ;)

outofthehole
10-28-2005, 07:33 AM
What do you mean by 2 and 3 star days?

troutfan
10-28-2005, 08:07 AM
What do you mean by 2 and 3 star days?

He is reffering to optimal moon phases for fishing. Check out the link.
http://www.fishsniffer.com/moonphase/

Irish
10-29-2005, 07:20 AM
Last Sunday was a "three star day" and several of us fished Folsom.Almost nothing was caught according to the reports, (full moon). The Monday before I did well, "no star day" Makes you wonder.

mighty_bite
10-29-2005, 08:01 AM
Lots of stars on my favorite moon phase ;D The full moon slaps me around with little or no fish >:( no confidence on the full moon but the new moon has treated me well ;D

FISHSTALKER
10-29-2005, 07:32 PM
Maybe it's not when you are fishing but where? ;D My last 3 star day a couple of weeks ago was very good with full limits. I will say that finding the correct Lure that worked for that day was also a bit of dumb luck. All the regular go to Lures did squat. The time of day or tides is another issue. I understand that you are suppossed to add an hour to the high or low tides when fishing mountain Lakes.?? I really don't know if that holds true or not?
What really matters is just going fishing. Anything that improves the odds of your catching fish is a plus. 8)

Farrier_Frank
10-29-2005, 07:43 PM
I don't know what your "Stars" said for Saturday, Oct 22nd, FS, but the bank fishing sucked on San Louis that day. Two days later, Richy, the guy I was fishing with caught a limit in a few hours. ???

BITE_ME_II
10-29-2005, 07:53 PM
Everyday on the Water is a FIVE STAR DAY!! ;D

BITE ME II
8) 8)

Farrier_Frank
10-29-2005, 08:03 PM
If you read Richy's report on the HITCHHIER board, Ken, you would know that any day I spend on the water with my son is very special. Even when it's just me, all alone, looking over the chop on the water, wondering how do I fish it that day..... it's always fun. 8)

FISHSTALKER
10-30-2005, 02:49 AM
Frank - What can we say? The 22nd was a three star day. Maybe you had a Bannana in your pocket? ;D Wrong Lure? Bait? Who knows? ::)

survivor
10-30-2005, 06:55 AM
;D ;D ;D

Everyday on the water is a 3 star day. Catching fish, though important, is only part of fishing. The anticipation, the getting your tackle ready, outside in the fresh air. It's all good, especially if you can share it with someone. Yes every fishing trip is a 3 star day. Just my 2 cents.
Paul aka Survivor ;D ;D ;D :) ;)

Empire
10-30-2005, 08:55 AM
I look at the solunar tables, but not to decide if I am going fishing or not. Just going is what it is all about.

I have found that a full moon hurts the fishing, unless there is cloudcover, then it does not matter.

FISHSTALKER
10-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Empire - I agree anytime is a good time to fish. My intent for this post was to point out the opportunity to plan for a 3 star day. There are only two this month. There is no way to tell this far in advance if the weather and wind will co-operate. I'm not opposed to fishing in wind or rain but I do prefer nicer and calmer sunny days. I'm getting old! ;D
I don't usually spend my precious time chasing planters as I prefer the challenge of larger fish. I don't always connect but then that's part of the game. ;)

Co-Pilot
11-01-2005, 04:58 PM
You guys kill me. ;D ;D
It must be nice to plan your schedule around the stars. Some of us that still have to work the next twenty years or so aren't that fortunate.
Personally I fish anytime I can. Good weather or bad it doesn't matter. I figure the fish are wet anyway ::)

And Dale, I think Saturday I'll go assault your secret little lake for one of those pigs you speak of just for the hal a but ;) ;D ;D

krzyfshrmn
11-01-2005, 05:09 PM
The 22nd of October was a three star and the 23rd a 2 star. Caught one Lake Trout in those two days :P :P :-/

According to the moon phases, I should'nt have caught my two biggest trout this year when I did ::)8)

FISHSTALKER
11-02-2005, 08:25 AM
Krzy - You got rocks in your boat. You don't need stars. ;D :P

Tim - Wishin you luck on that 10+. If Bruce was going with you , I might be worried. He'd catch em all. ;D Maybe we'll bump into one another? I'm looking forward to seeing photo's.

Mr_Ed
11-05-2005, 10:42 PM
I agree, any day on the water is a 3 star day. If you catch something it's a 4 star day. And if gas gets down to $2.50 a gallon it will be a 5 star day !!!!

survivor
11-06-2005, 06:47 AM
;D ;D ;DA big AMEN to that Mr. Ed. We would have it all!!!
Paul aka Survivor

Manteca Steve
11-06-2005, 07:06 PM
LOL well said Mr Ed