PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Antioch public launch?

Klamdog
10-23-2005, 05:01 AM
Could someone lead me to the Antioch public launch (if there is one)? When I fish the Antioch bridge area I always launch out of Pittsburg, it's quite a ways back! Someone told me there's a free public launch in Antioch as well? If there is, is it a secure lot, or will your truck and trailer be gone when you get back? Thanks!

bigbrowns
10-23-2005, 05:39 PM
i launch there all the time...the road is called fullton shipyard. take it to the red cabboose and turn right.

Klamdog
10-23-2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks Matt!
Is your trailer and vehicle safe there?

fishguts
10-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Alot of people launch there but its a one laner and a deep ramp, I think its a piece of doo doo. Go over to Laurentzens underneath the Antioch Bridge, its safer as the sheriffs marine patrol office is located on the same property.

fishdude76
10-24-2005, 02:52 PM
I would advise Lauritzens or McAvoy's in Pitt. I grew up in Antioch and we used to launch out of the public launch and I can't recall having problems in the early 80's. But I know plenty of people who have had items stolen or vandalized while they were on the water. I havn't launched from there in about 20 years. We go to the above mentioned places now.

Klamdog
10-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the info guys!

bigbrowns
10-25-2005, 08:02 PM
i agree, there are a lot of low lifes that go down there, but, i have never had any problems. but ya, big break and the others mentioned are right around the corner.

fishguts
10-26-2005, 07:46 AM
I've mentioned this problem to the City Council in regards to putting in a better ramp and facilities. When you drive around Antioch and see the number of boats parked next to homes, you would think they would try and capture some income from it. A new launch facility that is safe, multi-lane, fish cleaning station, a seperate place for water lice and I would pay the $5 charge to launch. When the wind and chop picks up that launch can be nasty and throw your boat against the pier and get damaged. At least they got rid of the biker bar a few years ago.

outofthehole
10-28-2005, 08:10 AM
My vote is Laurintzens if security is of any concern

fishguts
10-28-2005, 08:35 PM
My vote is Laurintzens if security is of any concern

Chris is a heck of a nice guy.