PDA

View Full Version : Where to fish???? Help!?!???

K510
09-29-2005, 07:15 PM
Need some help folks...Where are there good fishing spots near Fremont? I'm willing to drive as far as Morgan Hill if I have to. Anything out there this time of year?

ken_fishnfool
09-30-2005, 08:49 AM
Quarry lakes (Fremont) or Anderson reservoir (Morgan Hill) are O.K. bass bite now.
Del Valle might be good (I'm scouting it this afternoon to find out).

K510
09-30-2005, 07:56 PM
Thanks!!! I'm thinking of going out to Quarry tomorrow morning myself. Let me know how De Valle went..

fishingbrat
10-04-2005, 10:36 PM
You could also give the Dumbarton Pier a try. King fish, striper, shark, rays, and sturgeon can be caught there. I haven't fished there in a few years since I don't live close any longer but used to take my kids out there all the time and we had a blast.

ken_fishnfool
10-05-2005, 09:58 AM
Del Valle was tough in the wind but I managed 8 bass to 3 pounds and 2 cats 4 and 6.5 pounds, from shore.
The water is dropping and getting cooler so it should be better very soon.

Anderson was another windy experience yesterday but a friend and I each caught a dozen bass (biggest was 14 inches) on senkos, banking the south end. It has slowed down the past couple of weeks and bass seem to be further out and starting to suspend (like winter time). They are still chasing shad though, so crankbaits and spinners, early and late, should get you some. Plastics will still work but go deeper and slower. :D