PDA

View Full Version : Sac River Bank Closure info

kanaka27
09-28-2005, 09:18 AM
First off, I am new to the area...Can anyone lead me to the specifics on the Sac River bank closure (Yolo side)? I have seen the signs around the Freeport area, but none up by the Sacramento Yacht Club or across from Garcia Bend. I see people fishing from the bank this area..but with my luck the first time I fish out there I'll get busted!!

3pools
09-30-2005, 12:59 PM
This area was closed three years ago, from just down stream of Stans Marina to just upstream of Clarksburg. Now they have closed downstream several miles further. Lots of p##sed fisherman, so what to do. If you live in Yolo co. vote Mcgowen out, or fish on the Sac. side like i do.

PlugROCKSTAR
10-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Leave it close. The Yolo side looks good the way it is now. It's the best i've seen in years. The banks are finally shaping up. No Garbage, no people.

kanaka27
10-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Thanks. The Sac side it is.

I agree about the garbage, I usually walk out with more trash than what I walked in with. BUT, I must say the littering doesn't JUST happen from the banks. I've seen plenty of boaters toss over bait bags, fishing line, etc and sinking beer bottles....

Another case of a few people ruining it for all.