PDA

View Full Version : BAIT STORES (916)

masterbaiter_916
05-14-2005, 07:43 PM
i always go to broadway bait rods n guns...is there anyone in town that has the same customer service as there...i want some opions from the fishernabs and womens out there...

Smeja
05-14-2005, 09:31 PM
I like elkorn bait and tackle on of course elkorn 7 or so miles past H.80 greenback/elkorn exit but they are over priced with most everything imo. If you say anything to them about it they act like they have the best prices in town and they do try to be conpetitive but they just cant compeat with many other stores. They seem to be great people and I'll buy from them time to time but if I can plan ahead of time I'll go elsewhere for a better deal.

Fishermens warehouse off of seirra college in rocklin. I dunno the exact streets its not far off S.college just before taylor turn left and its not far. They have the best prices on a lot of stuff for example they give great prices on weights I seem to buy a lot of those. Elkorn B&T for example sales 12onze weights for $2.50 and they sale them for under $1. Fishermens warehouse sales the worst thread I've ever used and they dont carry any other brands while elkforn has great thread. Fishermens warehouse and Elkorn B&T sale sardines for $3 a bag while walmart sales them for $1.63 and longs drugs sales them for $1.88.

Ok maybe I'm just a cheap ******* cause I'm making a big deal out of a few pennys.

Anyways. Elkorn bait and tackleand fishermens warehouse 2 good places but they cant beat walmart for many a things. Just depends on what your looking for and if your as cheap as me on some stuff.

Smeja
05-14-2005, 09:32 PM
sorry i mighta missed the real reason for your post. Elkorn bait and tackle has great one on one service. I havent used fishermens warehouse for anything but buying a few things here and there.

MB_Kevin
05-15-2005, 12:54 AM
I'm not sure about your name master baiter :-/
I know the bait store I go to has this guy that always wants to check our worms. we usually get like 6 boxes and he wants to check them all to make sure they are all OK ???
I'm ready to go fish so I tell him don't worry about it but he saids its better if he checks them..over the last few years I have been going there. he has never found anything wrong with them. But what ever I guess it only takes another 5 min.

freon
05-15-2005, 08:14 PM
MB916, broadway, elkorn, fishermans warehouse(I have only hit the one by watt and folsom blvd, not rockline)west marine and wildsports(greenback and main)are the main ones and they all do well. I prefer fishermans warehouse and wild sports the best due to larger inventory.
Freon

freon
05-15-2005, 08:16 PM
You know, I agree with Master Baiter, seems like you are stealing someones moniker and they have pretty specific rules for that, you might want to consider a name change. Just my $0.02 worth.
Freon

MB_Kevin
05-15-2005, 08:28 PM
:P ;)

FS Marketing
05-16-2005, 09:53 PM
AS ADMIN...

I would also suggest you change your moniker.

JUST A SIMPLE WORD TO THE WISE 8)

MB_Kevin
05-16-2005, 10:18 PM
wow thanks to you all. I'm not really bothered by it but it might get confusing. and he wouldn't have to loose the posts he has you can change it in the profile. my other choice would have been night crawler but that has been taken but he don't post anymore.

northriver_tom
05-17-2005, 05:26 AM
wait there are two masterbaiters... :o :o :o...some thing is up with that....

STURGEONSTOMPER
05-17-2005, 05:32 AM
Freeport bait in Freeport. The best bait shop in town, just tell him Stomper sent yea and he will hook you up ;)

MB_Kevin
05-17-2005, 08:48 PM
http://pstr-m03.ygpweb.aol.com/data/018/31/D7/DF/7B/S+E62JEUrRfkm0+cvlCMHHyrfc3F69l2015E.jpg
http://pstr-m02.ygpweb.aol.com/data/039/58/6F/13/C3/SW0okbHJv2c+jlRz3eJoc81XjL8PFKzt007D.jpg
http://pstr-m02.ygpweb.aol.com/data/033/17/4C/6D/27/mwSDn1alTabWKerrNLJNzgG8p9aqGR330300.jpg

masterbaiter_916
05-18-2005, 09:41 PM
alright poeple my new name now is ( HERE_FISHY_FISHY)
no more masterbaiter 916...
i still like BROADWAY BAIT RODS N GUNS THOU

MB_Kevin
05-18-2005, 10:34 PM
Sorry about that. Glad to have you here. You can take out the _ in here fishy in your profile if you want to. I think it is a great name.
don't live in 916 so cant help with the bait stores. :-/
Hope to see more posts from u.

donzitroller
05-19-2005, 09:23 PM
For bait, if that's what you are looking for, is a hit and miss thing for me. A place I usually get good fresh shad was the only one to have any yesterday. It was NASTY! Since I don't have anything good to say, I'll not name the shop. I would have been better off with fresh frozen. There was only one place that had pile worms, and that was Broadway so I had to make 2 stops. Elkhorn usually has really good piles and ghost, near my house, so it's on the way to I-5 when heading for the Delta. I haven't had good luck with either place in Rio. Bob's (Mater Baiter) in Isleton usually has pretty good bait but it's also hit and miss. When I'm getting bait, I want quality, and could care less if the people are jerks or the prices are a bit higher. You usually get what you pay for. Another place I like, though not usually convenient, is "C Biscuits" in Vallejo. Am I way off base here with the topic? You said bait shop not fishing shop right? LOL.. FISH ON!

STURGEONSTOMPER
05-20-2005, 11:46 AM
Donzi, try Freeport in Freeport(theres one in Rio Vista also)Johny is a great guy and always has fresh bait. Shad on the other hand is tough to get this time of year anywhere. Check it out ;)

Wolf74
05-27-2005, 08:14 AM
Are there any bait shops in Elk Grove? I mean..other than Walmart i guess :-/

THUD
05-27-2005, 03:41 PM
The people at Fishermans Warehouse told me they are a tackle shop, not a bait shop when I asked why they open so late in the day.

krzyfshrmn
05-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Troys Outdoors in West Sac is a great place too. He's a pretty helpful guy and normally has most everything bait wise.

rymerpt
05-28-2005, 07:59 AM
Couple good ones in Freeport for live bait. Close to Elkgrove.

rymerpt
05-28-2005, 08:06 AM
For flyfishing there is three in Sacramento area. Kiene's (1), American fly (2), and Fly fishing Specialties (3).

Kiene's Fulton and Marconi has a huge selection and Bill Kiene is one of the nicest guys you'll meet.

American Fly at Watt and Fair oaks is full of knowledgeable guys and the shop has everything you need.

Fly fishing Specialties on Antelope near 80 is also well stocked.

gopedxr
05-28-2005, 11:50 PM
Freeport bait in Freeport. The best bait shop in town, just tell him Stomper sent yea and he will hook you up ;)

haha, How far is that place from walnut creek? I think i will hit this place up if its close to get some bait.

Thanks

BassFooler
08-05-2005, 11:52 AM
haha, How far is that place from walnut creek? I think i will hit this place up if its close to get some bait.

Thanks
Freeport is about 1 hr 15min from Walnut Creek if you take hwy 4 over the Antioch and stay on 160- follow the signs to Walnut Grove- then follow the signs to Freeport- It'll be on the left side when you are rolling through town.