PDA

View Full Version : I'm new - stream fishing question

katy_bug
07-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Hi everyone,
I grew up in South Georgia and my idea of fishing is limited to catching catfish and bream from ponds. My husband and I are going camping next weekend along a stream in North Georgia. Neither one of us know how to fly fish, nor do we have any stream fishing experience. Can you give me some advice on stream fishing (non fly fishing) and what I can catch and and what baits or lures I should use.
Thanks in advance! :)
Kate

BassFooler
07-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Welcome katy_bug-
I've never fished North Georgia before- but heres what I DO know...
Light line (2-6lb), light/ultra rod
I usually tie a single or double egg hook on, clip on 1 or 2 small splitshot about 12-18" above the hook and bait up with either salmon eggs, piece of a nightcrawler or powerbait- you can also go with a little bit bigger hook and load the full crawler, cricket or helgramite...or you could also forget the splitshot/hook and tie on a spinner (rooster tail or the like), small spoon, etc....the possibilities IN CA are limitless...but as far as where you are going, I would recommend calling a bait shop local to where you are going and ask them- they will usually be your best source of information. I hope that helps somewhat! :)

kstone44
07-21-2005, 06:18 PM
Check out this web site for advise in Northern Georgia , good luck and let us know how the fishing in Georgia ishttp://www.lakesidenews.net/artman/publish/fishing.shtml