PDA

View Full Version : Tahoe level?

BassFooler
07-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Hey all- I'm taking my boat to Tahoe this weekend and we are staying at the Horizon- since I have never fished Tahoe before, does anybody have any launch location recommendations? Some site said that the lake level was low- but I think the report was out of date? Can anybody give me some accurate info? Thanks much!

Tight lines!!

SierraSkier
07-20-2005, 08:27 PM
Camp Richardson is closed due to low water, but inches are huge amounts of water in a lake this big. All the other ramps are open. Sand Harbor and Cave Rock are cheapest, there is another launch on north shore that is also cheap, I forget the name though, I havent been yet.

The fishing is still very good at Emerald Bay, and Cave Rock, havent heard about Sand Harbor, but they did just plant a lot of fish there. Water temps are rising and the macks are going deeper, but still relatively shallow for this time of year. Of course the standards, minnows and dodgers and rapalas and U-17 flatfish will work. Start shallow and work deeper in 50 foot increments. Work the rocks, sandy areas have no fish. Kokes are being caught and I am seeing a lot of boats in the koke line off of Taylor Creek. I have no idea what they are using though. I am going out tomorrow and will be back Friday morning, so hopefully I will have more info for ya...at least what not to do.

BassFooler
07-21-2005, 07:06 AM
Hey Sierra,
Thanks for the stats, input and suggestions! I do appreciate it- let me know how you do when you get back
BF