PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs Way Up For Fisherman's Warehouse!

Diego916
07-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Just picked up two new Shimano reels at FW for a great price yesterday and LOVED the service! And, I even showed up just 20 minutes before they closed at 6. I didn't feel rushed in the least, and the staff was patient and helpful. Man, I'm never going back to Wild Sports again if I can help it!

:D

Mulderken
07-17-2005, 01:59 PM
FW is great, just went there for my first time about two weeks ago and it was a great experience.Friday on 98rock a kid called the station and asked where to take his antique fishing pole to be fixed and the first caller that called in said to take it to FW. Fish ON !!

fishrman4life
07-17-2005, 03:23 PM
FW has always been and will forever be the place i go to for fishing stuff...walmart is cool and everything its just that I get greater service and more satisfaction from FW...LOVE EM!!

fish for all

iwishtobe
07-17-2005, 03:35 PM
I, me, myself......

have NEVER been unhappy with shopping at FW! EVER!

now when i get home.....

well, that IS another story! LMAO!!! :o ;D :o

PlugROCKSTAR
07-18-2005, 12:17 PM
Man, I'm never going back to Wild Sports again if I can help it!

:D

I'd rather get ripped off "pay full price" than spending a penny at Wild Sports ::) thats the WORST place to buy tackle.

survivor
07-18-2005, 02:11 PM
;D ;DDittos, they have never let me down. I started dealing with them when the only store they had was in Manteca and the boss Paul Burns actually worked there. They rock, what they don't have on hand they will gladly get for you. Broken rods no problem, fishing questions, no problem. Just my 2 cents.
Paul aka Survivor

SuperDave
07-18-2005, 02:32 PM
I've never been to Wild Sports, what's the rap on them?

PlugROCKSTAR
07-18-2005, 02:37 PM

really BAD ATTITUDE, I mean every single employee that works there.

Diego916
07-18-2005, 02:49 PM

Yeah, they act like they are doing YOU a favor by allowing you to shop there. Its actually improved a bit the last few months, but I'm going to FW from now on. Cheaper, better service, and great variety.

Silver_Streak
07-18-2005, 03:44 PM
I agree with you, 916steelhead. I would much rather go to FW. Unfortuanatly, I live fairly close to Wildsports. So I do go there, but only when I'm going for something that I know I won't need help with or have questions about. I still don't understand why their customer service is so poor. Once, I went in there to look at reels, and the guy working their acted like I was taking too much of his time. He just had a really bad attitude. You can also tell by the help that they really don't like their job very much. The problem is most likely the management. If some of you haven't been to a FW seminar, you should. They are very good!

kromebrite
07-18-2005, 05:22 PM
FW is great.Excellent prices as a rule as well as good service.
I think that there were some changes a long time ago that changed Wild Sports, and it had to do with owners/management. I would love to get a part-time job there. My wife told me no way . I could get into working a day or two, even for peanuts, just to work in that type of job. Could you imagine? I get to help people pick out gear, get bait etc etc. Yeah, there would be some problem folks who are grumpy but oh well. It would be nice to change the rep that place has right now. I have had some very good experiences at Wild Sports, and intend on shopping there in the future.
Hinrid, it's a long-established fishing and gun store . It started as a hole in the wall place in Orangevale that expanded to a much bigger operation. With the expansion came growing pains that have, IMO, ultimately changed the dynamic and feel.

Jason
07-18-2005, 07:20 PM
I felt the same way both times I got reels there. It was kind of like pulling theeth to get the guy to help me even though I was the only person there standing 5 feet from him.

FishinFemale
07-19-2005, 06:29 AM
Thanks for the tip, guys. I haven't been to the new FW - used to go all the way down toward 50.
Totally agree with y'all about Wildsports. ESPECIALLY being a woman buying guns and rods? They treat you like you don't know anything and don't BELONG THERE...HATE THAT!
I'm goin' to FW TODAY! I watched my salmon net float down the river last weekend when it fell off my boat! Good one, girl :'(

jackcasey
07-19-2005, 08:59 AM
I have been a customer of Delta Bait and Tackle/Fishermans warehouse for over 19 years. since 1986. I would drive from Suisun to Manteca just to get that special lure and tackle that you couldn't find anywhere else. They always had that hot lure. I have always had the best service and highly recommend that you support this business, because they support our needs. The store in Scaramento is a much shorter drive for me now, However I still drive to Manteca now and then. It's kind of like going to costco where you always come out with a lot of stuff.

jack

John_heyd
07-19-2005, 02:31 PM
Say, how about giving the rest of us a hint at where these places are? I gather that Wild Sports is in Manteca but where is this Fishermans Warehouse? ???

SuperDave
07-19-2005, 02:54 PM
cabinfever, there is a FW in San Jose, closest to you. There is also stores in Sacramento and Rocklin.

Diego916
07-19-2005, 05:17 PM
The FW in Sacramento is on Folsom; exit on Watt from 50 and go over the overpass towards Folsom. Then, turn left on Folsom and FW is a short way down on the left hand side :)