PDA

View Full Version : Wind, Rain, Cold , and They Still Bite!

Hog
01-14-2006, 07:11 PM
Hit Clear Lake today in the middle of a freezing storm for 113 crappie. Quite a few smaller ones today but also a few real slabs. All C & R. Alot of people in the morning but the cold thinned them out real fast. Sunracer, were where you guys, I hope there were no problems.

Mr.Pescador
01-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Way to tough out the weather,Hog.Good job!I'm heading up tomorrow.Can you tell me if any particular color is better?Vertical jigging,cast & retrieve? I plan on trying anything but any tips are greatly appreciated. thanks

Hog
01-14-2006, 07:52 PM
Everyday is a little different, today red/chartreuse and dark green/white were the hot colors. The fish were suspended about 4 feet off the bottom, cast and jig it back slowly. The bite is extremenly light, you have to watch your line closely and set the hook on any hesitation.

Mr.Pescador
01-14-2006, 08:05 PM
Great! thanks a lot.You were at Konocti I assume?I'm planning on bringing my boat,but it seems like everyone is fishing under the docks anyway.Should we even bother launching or just fish the dock?

krzyfshrmn
01-14-2006, 10:53 PM
We had an amazing day out there today. Fished not far from Redbud Park. We found a school and pulled in fish non stop all day long. Easily over 300 fish boated, with 7 over 2 pounds. 3# even was the biggest fish , followed by a 2.9, and a pair of 2.8's.

JIM_D.
01-15-2006, 06:13 AM
Sounds like a great day, wish I could have made it up, could not find anyone to go with the rain and all. I have hard enough time launching my boat without the weather being bad. JIM D.

PlugROCKSTAR
01-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Hit Clear Lake today in the middle of a freezing storm for 113 crappie. Quite a few smaller ones today but also a few real slabs. All C & R. Alot of people in the morning but the cold thinned them out real fast. Sunracer, were where you guys, I hope there were no problems.

HOG, we were there in the middle of the storm all day. RAIN & WIND >:( I didn't really mind the rain. We slayed fish all day long. Action was non-stop.