PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance and customer service, anyone experience it??

Tule
01-23-2010, 07:30 AM
I bought an x135 off of e-bay from a person that didnt know if it worked or not as he bought it at an "estate sale" supposedly, i got it for cheap, hooked it up and it doesnt work. I take it to FW to see if they could hook it up and see if it would work, it doesnt. Now, i am contemplating wether or not to send the unit in and get it repaired, or just buy another one. Does anyone know about how much it would cost to be repaired, i know it depends on the problem, but do you think it would be worth spending the money to have it repaired?? Also, what kind of turn around should i expect, a couple months? A few weeks? Argggg.........im a dumb ass for buying this unit not knowing it works, live and learn, just figured i got a hell of a deal, and yes, it was to good to be true!!!................Jason

Seon
01-23-2010, 11:08 AM
My friend has an LCX113c HD that the GPS wasn't working so as a favor to him, I called the Lowrance tech dept who said that they'd check it for 60 some dollars and if the unit is bad it'd cost $512 for them to ship a brand new unit back.

Best for you to call them direct and get the straight skinny, otherwise, you'll have everyone's thought on the issue :-/ ;D.

Bloodthirsty
04-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Get a new hds unit and get structure scan.

Ken Sauret
04-21-2010, 05:33 PM
The best thing to do is to ask Lowrance how much it will cost. Call customer service at 1-800-324-1356. They man the phones from 8:15 AM to 4:45 PM Central Standard Time. I have found that Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays are the busiest days with Wednesday and Thursday the better days to call. Remember to call at 6:15 AM Pacific time to be early in line on hold. This should reduce time on hold.

Just explain the problem to the representative and they will give you an RA number, Return Authorization number. This RA # will be on the package when the unit is sent in and when repair gets the box they look up the RA # in the computer and then address the problem.

The customer service representative may be able to give you an estimate of the time it should take to initiate the repair and return the unit.