PDA

View Full Version : upgrade problems

retired
12-11-2009, 01:20 PM
I tried downloading the HD7 upgrades to a SB card with no luck. My computer is XP and my wifes is Vista. We downloaded Java to are computers first like it said to do. But no luck on both computers.The card I used is a 2 gb Sandisk.Does anyone have a Idea on what I need to do now. Thanks for the help in advance. Retired.

Jetspray
12-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Make sure the card is coded to your HD7 unit by inserting it in the unit and going through the steps to do so. That might be the problem. I had that happen when I used a out of the box card before......Jetspray

retired
12-12-2009, 01:15 AM
I can not get it to even download to the card from computer. When we go through the download process then check the card to see if it load Ok. There is nothing on the card.

Jetspray
12-12-2009, 02:17 AM
It might just be a formatting of the card itself or a defective card. If neither your HD7 or the computers recognize the card that would be the problem........Jetspray

retired
12-12-2009, 02:41 AM
What happens is I get about 10% of the program downloaded and the a error pots up and says the the program time has ran out. So it must be something with my intertnet service or Lowrance. Its getting real old quick. Retired.

ReelJerks
12-12-2009, 04:04 AM
Well....it could be several things, but probably your system firewall.

Do this for me and let me know.

Put the SD card into the computer and right click, select Properties;
1. How much FREE space is there?
2. What is the Format type?

If you have some files on the card, move them to a TEMP folder on the computer HD.

Next if the SD is formated to FAT32, reformat to FAT.

You can also PM me and we can talk on the phone. I'm going to install a fuse block for my electronics today so I'll be back home around3:30 pm.

Edd

retired
12-12-2009, 05:23 AM
Its looks like it is my server that is to slow. It drops the connection after a few minutes and will only download at about 15kbs a sec. So I need to call them and see what is going on. Retired.

old sea ranger
12-12-2009, 05:46 AM
If you are close to a Fishermans Warehouse Let them upgrade it. It's a free service

FISHSTALKER
12-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Another way to move big files around fast is to register with Filezilla. It is less apt to allow server time outs or if there is an interrupt it will pick up where it left off.

ReelJerks
12-12-2009, 11:42 AM
only download at about 15kbs a sec.

Dang....dial-up is way faster than that.

Are you near Fresno? I can help....or the Warehouse is also a great idea.

Edd

Jetspray
12-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Wow server problems says a bunch. Skallywag is right on about the cards though. What you could do is find someone with a faster system to download with, might be worth a beer or two. Too bad things go that way with the internet and equipment.......Jetspray

Dennis
12-13-2009, 12:23 AM
Try This...

Create a download folder and save the file directly into it. Once you have the file on your computer try to execute it and follow the prompts. The program will look for your SD card.

Use this link to get the file without using the java installer.
HDS-7 Update Version 2.5.31.56 (ftp://download.lowrance.com/HDS/HDSlite_253156.exe)

retired
12-13-2009, 01:53 AM
I called my server and they are working on the problem. If the computer is not working faster by this afternoon. Then I need to call them back. I think it has something to do with the host server I go through. Its wifi and was suppose to be the fastest service. but we always have problem with it. I may look for different server.* Thanks for all the help. Retired.

Dennis
12-13-2009, 11:21 AM
The problem might be that your computer can't write fast enough to the USB port / SD card and then times out. By downloading the file directly to your hard drive you should be able to by-pass that if it's an issue.

Couldn't hurt, might just take a few minutes to find out. But then if you want to wait. No problem. ::)

ReelJerks
12-14-2009, 01:16 AM
The problem might be that your computer can't write fast enough to the USB port / SD card and then times out.* By downloading the file directly to your hard drive you should be able to by-pass that if it's an issue.

Couldn't hurt, might just take a few minutes to find out.* But then if you want to wait. No problem.* *::)

Dennis is spot on here. Especially if you have like an....E-Machine, or a machine that's older than Windows XP. If you're not comfortable with creating folders, you can simply save the file to your Desktop. Then you can Drag it to SD card using Explorer.

Edd

retired
12-14-2009, 06:31 AM
My system is Windows XP. But it is the server with the problem. I did have my buddy download it and he is going to drop it off. So I will get it done finally. Thanks for all the help. I think I will look into another server. The kids say Comcast is real good. I have local Softcom. here in Galt. I will see if they correct the problem first. Thanks Again. Retired.

ReelJerks
12-14-2009, 07:00 AM
Glad you gotter done.

Edd
ps.. I have Comcast, and for the most part, it is great.