PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT Software Upgrade for ALL HDS Units

ReelJerks
10-19-2009, 04:18 AM
Here's the link for the upgrade, and you can read what it's for prior to the down load.

http://www.lowrance.com/en/Products/Marine/HDS-High-Definition-System/HDS-10-FishfinderGPS-Chartplotter/Downloads/HDS-10-Software-Update-Lite/

Edd

BodiBuilt
12-03-2009, 06:22 AM
I had planned to finally get off my butt and attempt to do the software updates on my HDS-7 today, but it appears Lowrance's site is down :( I hope thats not a bad sign...

Can anyone give me an idea of exactly what I will need to do to perform this procedure? I am only one notch above being computor illiterate ;D

Thanks - Dave

ReelJerks
12-03-2009, 07:33 AM
Hi there Dave.

Lowrance site is up and running.....I just left there.

You will need a SD card and card reader for your computer. Simply place the SD card into the reader, navigate to the Lowrance D/L site...select the appropriate upgrade and save it to your SD card. Remove the SD and place it into your unit....turn the HDS on and follow the on screen instructions, if any.

Edd

retired
12-04-2009, 01:50 AM
Edd.
Your the man when it comes to all the answers with the fish graph. Keep up the great work. I need to get a sd card and do my download. Thanks for all the help. Retired.

ReelJerks
12-04-2009, 02:02 AM
[smiley=guilty9lp.gif]* Thanks but I have far from ALL the answers.

Edd

BodiBuilt
12-09-2009, 05:47 AM
Update:
I noticed substantial improvements to the gps display after installing the software updates - if you have not yet done this to your HDS since you purchased it then what are you waiting for?!!!

Now I just need to spend more time with adjusting the sonar settings... I should have it dialed in by the end of 2010 :-?
;D

ReelJerks
12-09-2009, 06:01 AM
Now I just need to spend more time with adjusting the sonar settings... I should have it dialed in by the end of 2010* *:-?
;D

I am pretty certain that if you change the ping to 18, and leave the rest on AUTO you will have much more fishing time in 2010.

Edd

retired
12-10-2009, 04:15 AM
I have one question. My buddy said that after I do a download upgrade that I will have to redo all my overlays on the screen. Is this true or does that just pertain to older graph. Retired.

ReelJerks
12-10-2009, 05:15 AM
I have no firsthand experience of this, however, all Lowrance software updates I have done, required me to re-do all of my personal settings. What your friend says, may be the gospel.

Edd

Dennis
12-10-2009, 01:32 PM
One of the earlier HDS software updates has
Added ability to export and import user settings

You should be able to 'save' the user settings which I believe include the overlay settings and then 'upload' them after the update.

As this was NOT included in the original software you won't find it in the Owners Operations Manual. I wish they would add an addendum at least once a year.

ReelJerks
12-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Thanks Dennis....I for one am very glad to hear this. I made some setting changes and added overlay data when I first powered up my HDS. I have updated my software version, so I'll check my settings to see if they changed.

Edd