PDA

View Full Version : LOWRANCE

wagle
10-30-2009, 09:30 PM
I just sent in a X510c that filled full of rain water.
Lowrance said they would replace it for two hundred dollars. Anyone had this problem and what do they replace it with? Will my old cables work or will I have to replace them too?
Thanks, Ron

OYD
10-30-2009, 11:27 PM
They will replace it with the same model that has been refurbished if they say they will replace it, so connections and transducer are the same. If they do not support your model any more, they will usually offer you a discount off a new model and then there may not be compatbility with your old stuff.

wagle
10-31-2009, 08:32 AM
Lone Angler, thanks for the info, I hope thats what they do. We'll see
Ron

ReelJerks
11-01-2009, 05:21 AM
If they do not support your model any more, they will usually offer you a discount off a new model and then there may not be compatbility with your old stuff.

But you will receive all cabling you will need to make the switch.

Edd

twoelk48
11-01-2009, 11:33 PM
I am curious as to how your unit filled up with rain water. Was this left out somewhere in the rain or were you actually fishing during a rainstorm? Thanks Kent

ReelJerks
11-02-2009, 01:20 AM
Interesting thought Kent. Here's a little tid-bit. The early HDS-7 units had a fairly widespread water intrussion problem which has since been rectified. WARNING tho.....when buying these units from major discount houses, online discount houses, craigslist, and eBay etc., there is NO WAY of knowing if you're getting one of the early production units. Buyer Beware!

Edd