View Full Version : Copy your sturgy report card - copy required to replace it!

01-02-2010, 01:11 AM
Now is a good time to make a photocopy of your 2010 sturgeon report card as a copy is required to replace it. It is a complex procedure to get a lost one replaced (maybe an act of congress would be an easier way!):

(d) Replacement Procedures for Lost Abalone or Sturgeon Report Cards. For species for which an individual may purchase only one report card per year (i.e., abalone and sturgeon), if the cardholder loses the card, a replacement card shall be acquired only by following the procedures below:
(1) The individual shall provide all of the following to a Department license office location:
(A) A photocopy of the original report card issued in the cardholder’s name, unless the report card was issued through the Automated License Data System.
(B) An affidavit, signed under penalty of perjury, containing the following information:
1. A statement confirming that the originally issued report card cannot be recovered.
2. A statement of the cardholder’s best recollection of the prior catch records that were entered on the report card that was lost, including the number of tags utilized.
3. A statement describing the factual circumstances surrounding the loss of the card.
(C) Proof of purchase of the original report card, in the form of an itemized receipt, credit card billing statement, invoice, or other written business record expressly documenting that a report card for the particular species was purchased and the corresponding fee was paid. The cardholder is exempt from this requirement if the report card was issued through the Automated License Data System.
(D) Payment of the Replacement Card Fee specified in Section 701(f), 701(g) or 701(h)Title 14, CCR, established pursuant to subdivision 1053(b) of the Fish and Game Code, and as adjusted pursuant to Sections 713 and 1055 of the Fish and Game Code.
(E) Payment of the Replacement Processing Fee specified in Section 701(i) or 701(j), Title 14, CCR, established pursuant to subdivision 1050(e) of the Fish and Game Code.
(2) Based on the information provided in the written affidavit, the department shall issue only the number of tags that were reported unused on the previously issued report card.
(3) At the time the replacement card is acquired, if the cardholder is required to have a sport fishing license, the number of the replacement card shall be entered in the appropriate space on the sport fishing license and the fishing license number shall be entered in the space provided on the report card.
(4) All regulations applicable to the initial card also apply to additional cards issued pursuant to this subsection.

Does anyone know the fees for replacing one?

And... how does one prove he bought a free card?! ;D


01-02-2010, 02:08 AM
And... how does one prove he bought a free card?! Grin

Show them the receipt!!! ::) ::)

01-02-2010, 05:03 AM
Thanks for the heads-up, I had no idea.
Just another example of-* how can we make fishing even more of a pain in @ss for law abiding guys while not dealing with the poachers.

01-02-2010, 06:57 AM
It seems that it would be much easier to replace sturgeon tags when you get it via the "Automated License Data System" (which I guess means online), as DFG can then prove by their own records that you got one.

Yep... I think I'll be doing that in the future.

You're so right, hotdog, poachers get all the breaks!


01-02-2010, 01:13 PM
thanks for the tip ;)

01-19-2010, 03:48 AM
hey fishwisher how u guys can add a picture after your message... i'd try it put they say my pic exceed the limit. I'd also try maken my pic small n it still say the same thang...help plz ??

01-19-2010, 04:24 AM
If you have a Photobucket.com account, you can edit your photo size smaller. (Photobucket is free - just go to http://register.photobucket.com/ ) If not, use most any photo program. I just kept reducing 'til it accepted it.


01-19-2010, 06:54 AM
thanks for the good info on card replacement, i have never lost one but now that i think of it, I would have had no idea about get a replacement.

01-20-2010, 06:03 AM
thnks fishwisher