PDA

View Full Version : Watsonville, Santa cruz, Monterey?!??!?!

rickyrick
06-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Hey guys, I live in watsonville, and I recently god laid off from work :[
so im going to take advantage and FISH :D. Any one been out in the santa cruz/monterey county area? My friend said he went down the beaches in watsonville and got 5 stripers last week.

Oh and what do you guys mean by "holes" in the water??, and is it a good sign when theres birds out in the ocean? :D

Double_D
06-11-2009, 05:36 AM
Hey guys, I live in watsonville, and I recently god laid off from work :[
so im going to take advantage and FISH :D. Any one been out in the santa cruz/monterey county area? My friend said he went down the beaches in watsonville and got 5 stripers last week.

Oh and what do you guys mean by "holes" in the water??, and is it a good sign when theres birds out in the ocean? *:D

Welocme to the Fish Sniffer, and please read the link.........

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1211121503

rickyrick
06-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Im not spot burning tho, Im just asking has anyone been catchin stripers in santa cruz or monterey COUNTY. im not naming a particular beach :-/

mashitbro
06-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Hola, I would just like to share that stating a beach name is not tolerated. Let alone saying you are catching fish in California. Let alone saying you even want to go fishing. These boards do not tolerate such behavior. What I would do si point my car west, find a beach, and start casting. GOOD LUCK!

rickyrick
06-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Hola, I would just like to share that stating a beach name is not tolerated. Let alone saying you are catching fish in California. Let alone saying you even want to go fishing. These boards do not tolerate such behavior. What I would do si point my car west, find a beach, and start casting. GOOD LUCK!

Go look down the forums.. You see people posting about Pier fishing in pacifica, and ppl fishing in other places. I dont see you telling them stuff.

GOOD DAY TO YOU bro. 8-)

fresnofshfan
06-11-2009, 01:07 PM
rickyrick- search past years threads for the info you need on reading water and some beaches to hit.

Currently this board is way too strict, on so called "spot burning"

Get some info from your buddie since no one can give it to you here.

Except for the bird thing, yes birds are usually a good sign. :)

FFF

mashitbro
06-11-2009, 02:11 PM

Go look down the forums.. You see people posting about Pier fishing in pacifica, and ppl fishing in other places. I dont see you telling them stuff.

GOOD DAY TO YOU bro. 8-)

I know man, I was just kidding. I am just pointing out that on these boards, you can't say anything about fishing anywhere. They get real heated when you do because they want to keep the spots to themselves.

Yeah kind of a bummer....

mashitbro
06-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Oh yeah, and welcome to the Sniffer :(

Double_D
06-11-2009, 02:45 PM

GOOD DAY TO YOU bro. 8-)

You can talk all you want about pier fishing....and if any of you don't like the rules you don't have to post here.

Double_D
06-11-2009, 02:47 PM
rickyrick- search past years threads for the info you need on reading water and some beaches to hit.

Currently this board is way too strict, on so called "spot burning"
Get some info from your buddie since no one can give it to you here.

Except for the bird thing, yes birds are usually a good sign. :)

FFF

maybe we know something you don't....like what happens when a spot gets lit up, just like what happen last week.

Double_D
06-11-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm going to lock this thread down, just because I see it going in the wrong direction........I welcomed rickyrick to the fish sniffer and asked him to Please read the link, and never once did I accused him of spot burning......

We have a ZERO Tolerance on The Saltwater Striper board for Spot Burning and not following the rules, and if you don't like them, oh well, sorry you'll get over it, the rule was put into place to benefit us all and help preserve what Striper fishing we have left....if you can't catch fish and don't know how to find them, a PM works wonders.....You guys think I like being a hard A$$, you think I like baby sitting this board all day and night, well I don't like you guys I have better things to do..

http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/10.gif