PDA

View Full Version : Pacifica Pier Striper

fullmountain
06-01-2009, 09:49 AM
This is how you bring in a striper from the pier..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5uJrbN94nc 8-)

pinfish
06-01-2009, 10:00 AM
purty good although he was lifting the fish too much out of the water earlier

FisherMi3nh
06-01-2009, 04:16 PM
what happens if you do not have a crab net? would the fish still be on if you walk down the pier to the beach to get it?

CDK
06-01-2009, 06:05 PM
what happens if you do not have a crab net? would the fish still be on if you walk down the pier to the beach to get it?
Depends!
I have seen it done. The individual ticked off a lot of people getting off the pier then he landed [in this case a Salmon] a game warden congratulated him on the big fish and cited him for fishing from shore without a licence.
He was about 3/4 out and everyone had to accommodate him working his way to shore. >:(

FisherMi3nh
06-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Depends!
I have seen it done. The individual ticked off a lot of people getting off the pier then he landed [in this case a Salmon] a game warden congratulated him on the big fish and cited him for fishing from shore without a licence.
He was about 3/4 out and everyone had to accommodate him working his way to shore. >:(

wait, they didn't take the fish away? i figure if the law is broken not only will you get a ticket but they take your fish as well right? i remembered when i started fishing for trouts we didnt know the law and 2 of us caught 7 trouts but we string them altogether. DFG gave us a ticket AND took the fish (he says for evidence).

any1 heading out to the pier this weekend?

ratss427
06-01-2009, 06:17 PM
must be pretty tough releasing those fish from the pier! ;)

ghostfish_slayer
06-01-2009, 06:46 PM
just point them head first and hope you don't end up with a full gainer or a belly flop.. just rip their gills and or bonk them and not worry about it..

ratss427
06-01-2009, 07:59 PM
just point them head first and hope you don't end up with a full gainer or a belly flop.. just rip their gills and or bonk them and not worry about it..
;D ;D

Kaos_Inc
06-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Well if u have helpful neighbors they would have use their nets so he would nt have to walk it to the bank.

2nd fish dont get release from that pier if its legal size. Ive fished there multiple times before.

3rd im sure the evidence tasted good ;D

pinfish
06-02-2009, 01:08 PM
just put the fish back into the net and lower it down

Captain_Morgan
06-02-2009, 04:23 PM
just put the fish back into the net and lower it down

DeeDaDee!!! :D ;D

Loomis_Fly_Guy
06-04-2009, 05:10 PM
bare hand it

FishinRaiders
06-05-2009, 04:13 AM
the guy did a pretty good job with the crab net

I kept saying over and over again..amatures!!!

Farrier_Frank
06-05-2009, 07:13 AM
That was pretty cool. Good job using the crab net... and I really don't think that guy had any intention of throwing that one back.

FisherMi3nh
06-05-2009, 03:59 PM
the guy did a pretty good job with the crab net

I kept saying over and over again..amatures!!!

all the net guy did was lower the net in the water and wait for the guy with the pole to bring the fish in. how hard can that be. if anything, give credit to the fisherman who brough the fish to the net without the fish splashing.

btw, in the video someone yell up, up, up, up and the fish wasn't even in the net yet. ;D

MB_Kevin
06-06-2009, 07:54 PM
DFG gave us a ticket AND took the fish (he says for evidence).

Im sure he kept them in the freezer waiting for an upcoming court date. ::) ;D

jesballs
06-07-2009, 08:17 PM
i saw a nice one caught today the same way :)

Dimsumboy
06-07-2009, 10:17 PM
they should nailed a plastic board with a picture of striper and a ruler every 20-30 feets like antioch bridge did, I really dislike when pplz take home undersize fish.

Oreo
06-10-2009, 08:13 AM
HEY THATS MY VIDEO!!! ;D The fishing report for that day is on the pier/surf board.

btw, in the video someone yell up, up, up, up and the fish wasn't even in the net yet. * ;D

Yeah, that was me... Watch, when I say "up" the head is touching the middle of the net. You want to start pulling early because the waves were high and the winds were heavy. If you waited till the middle of the fish was in the middle of the net the wind and waves would have pushed the fish's head out of the net by the time you pulled.

FisherMi3nh
06-10-2009, 08:25 AM
HEY THATS MY VIDEO!!! * ;D *The fishing report for that day is on the pier/surf board.

btw, in the video someone yell up, up, up, up and the fish wasn't even in the net yet. * ;D

Yeah, that was me... *Watch, when I say "up" the head is touching the middle of the net. *You want to start pulling early because the waves were high and the winds were heavy. *If you waited till the middle of the fish was in the middle of the net the wind and waves would have pushed the fish's head out of the net by the time you pulled.

I disagree Orion. I paused the video when you said UP for the 1st time the head of the fish was barely touching the outside ring of the net. it would have just fallen out. :-)