PDA

View Full Version : my one and only post

white_warrior
07-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Why are we secret about where and when.Because I will be damned if I am gonna plug my ass off to have some guy wait and watch to see if I hook up so he can bring all his buddies.
I dont ask anyone where are the fish.They are in the water.doing what fish do.If people would put half the effort into paying attention to their surroundings while fishing that they put into asking useless questions they might catch fish.and last but not least if ya haven't figured it out by now.........well you can finish the sentence.

The white warrior....Johnnys rock

metalmouth
07-23-2008, 10:01 AM
I believe people should spend the time to find their own fish . . .
but it never hurts to ask. ;)

The Salt Water Striper Board does have a policy against spot burning so the asking would have to be via pm. ;)

redmt
07-23-2008, 12:06 PM
I had a really great secret spot for Bay Stripers but I caught ALL of them. BTW, welcome to the nut house. :D :D

Double_D
07-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Why are we secret about where and when.Because I will be darned if I am gonna plug my tushy off to have some guy wait and watch to see if I hook up so he can bring all his buddies.
I dont ask anyone where are the fish.They are in the water.doing what fish do.If people would put half the effort into paying attention to their surroundings while fishing that they put into asking useless questions they might catch fish.and last but not least if ya haven't figured it out by now.........well you can finish the sentence.

The white warrior....Johnnys rock

Welcome to The fish Sniffer Bro ........I knew if we made this thread a no spot burning thread guys like you with all your experience would post here.....Welcome

norcalkat
07-24-2008, 07:50 AM
i would never ask for someone to tell me where the fish are at. I think with today technology, i can find all the fish able spots on the net EASY. I have been trying all year to get into some striper and with no luck. i have read and read and read all the techniques and i am not asking for someone to just point me where to go, as i have been to some good spots but doesnt mean the fish are there 24/7. What i would like if is someone was willing to take me under their wing and SHOW me what to look for and explain what to look for. With the way gas prices are and me living in santa clara, not fishing properly maybe can be a lil frustrating if i am just looking to get fish, but i like how relaxing it could be also just to get my line wet, it would just be a bonus to get a pic with a nice striper and C&R her back to the sea. I have had 11 outings in the last 2 months with no action and only 2 times did i see striper.

So with that anyone want to teach me? 8-)

ken_fishnfool
07-24-2008, 12:09 PM
i would never ask for someone to tell me where the fish are at. *I think with today technology, i can find all the fish able spots on the net EASY. *I have been trying all year to get into some striper and with no luck. *i have read and read and read all the techniques and i am not asking for someone to just point me where to go, as i have been to some good spots but doesnt mean the fish are there 24/7. *What i would like if is someone was willing to take me under their wing and SHOW me what to look for and explain what to look for. *With the way gas prices are and me living in santa clara, not fishing properly maybe can be a lil frustrating if i am just looking to get fish, but i like how relaxing it could be also just to get my line wet, it would just be a bonus to get a pic with a nice striper and C&R her back to the sea. I have had 11 outings in the last 2 months with no action and only 2 times did i see striper.

So with that anyone want to teach me? *8-)

Meet people/sniffers in person! Then PMs work great!
That's the beauty of the sniffer boards...A lot of general techniques are also available to all!

Welcome white warrior...sounds like you got it! Hope to hear some of those generalities from you too! :)

Maybe even a selectt picture or two...We Love our pictures (especially the ones where you catch fish in the snow!)...

Ben510le
07-24-2008, 01:13 PM
i think asking where the fish are at in general is ok
i am not a pro so i just want to know if they are in any area
then i will find my own spot around there to fish

Double_D
07-24-2008, 05:09 PM
i would never ask for someone to tell me where the fish are at. *I think with today technology, i can find all the fish able spots on the net EASY. *I have been trying all year to get into some striper and with no luck. *i have read and read and read all the techniques and i am not asking for someone to just point me where to go, as i have been to some good spots but doesnt mean the fish are there 24/7. *What i would like if is someone was willing to take me under their wing and SHOW me what to look for and explain what to look for. *With the way gas prices are and me living in santa clara, not fishing properly maybe can be a lil frustrating if i am just looking to get fish, but i like how relaxing it could be also just to get my line wet, it would just be a bonus to get a pic with a nice striper and C&R her back to the sea. I have had 11 outings in the last 2 months with no action and only 2 times did i see striper.

So with that anyone want to teach me? *8-)

You should have stayed at the BBQ 2 weeks ago longer.....all your questions could have been answered ;)

redmt
07-24-2008, 05:45 PM
So with that anyone want to teach me? 8-)[/quote]

Book a trip with one of the six-packs on the bay. There are a couple fishing there now that move back up the delta for the fall run. You can use some of the techniques in both places. ;)

norcalkat
07-24-2008, 06:26 PM
[
You should have stayed at the BBQ 2 weeks ago longer.....all your questions could have been answered ;)

double d, i really wish i could have stayed but me being a nice guy i tried bringing the family along and when we got there after finding no parking, the wife said that she didnt like the beach...lol i was like well i am here to learn some new techniques, well that didnt go well....at least i brought some beer for you guys. maybe next time! or if anyone wants to hook up and go fishing shoot me a pm, i am eager to learn.

Double_D
07-24-2008, 08:51 PM
[You should have stayed at the BBQ 2 weeks ago longer.....all your questions could have been answered ;)

double d, i really wish i could have stayed but me being a nice guy i tried bringing the family along and when we got there after finding no parking, the wife said that she didnt like the beach...lol *i was like well i am here to learn some new techniques, well that didnt go well....at least i brought some beer for you guys. *maybe next time! *or if anyone wants to hook up and go fishing shoot me a pm, i am eager to learn.

I wasn't there, but a whole bunch of surf fishing knowledge was, every time I go to a beach get together I just sit and takes notes.

Sportyguy66
08-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Rookie under J-Rocks Sniffer Screen Name just doesn't sound Right ;)

striper_assasin
08-13-2008, 12:51 PM
wish the freshwater striper forums were like this.