PDA

View Full Version : Pacifica outlaws night fishing

Double_D
04-02-2008, 04:20 AM
Cut and paste form another fishing thread

Pacifica, CA Municipal Code Revision effective April 1 2008

CHAPTER 10 PARKS, BEACHES AND RECREATION FACILITIES

Sec. 4-10.118. Prohibited actions.
(a) It is unlawful for any person, with or without a permit or a reservation, to perform, engage in or allow the occurrence of any of the following acts in any park, mini-park, or adjacent parking area, on any beach or beach parking area, or in any recreation facility (collectively referred to as “regulated area(s)”):

(1) Camping at any time;
(2) Participating in an event or major event at a beach or park without a permit pursuant to this article;
(3) Fishing during the hours between sunset and sunrise on any public beach
(4) The violation of, or failure to comply with, any condition, limitation, rule, regulation, requirement or standard contained in this article;
(5) Parking or stopping a vehicle in any adjacent parking areas for parks or mini-parks between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., or parking or stopping a vehicle in any beach adjacent parking areas between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., except tour busses in designated parking places;
(6) Stopping, parking or leave standing any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, in a regulated area during hours of permitted use, except for vehicles parked in allotted parking spaces designated by painted or marked lines or in other City approved spaces. Nothing contained in this section shall authorize any person to stop, park or leave any vehicle in a regulated area in any manner that causes obstruction to another vehicle’s ingress or egress to the area. To the extent this subsection may conflict with Chapter 18 [Use of Vehicles Off the Public Highways] in Title 5 of this Code, this section shall control. Vehicles may enter beach or parklands for unloading and loading of personal property when allowed by a condition of an event or major event permit;__________________

here is another reason to keep it mum and not Spot Burn any location at the beach.

metalmouth
04-02-2008, 05:17 AM
Sounds like the end of another era. :-/

Hoochie
04-02-2008, 06:14 AM
I think in the future it might be easier to tell us what we can do and just leave it at that. We could then just do what they say and know that anything else other than what they say we can do we cant.

Hoochie

GT
04-02-2008, 07:06 AM
What a bummer! >:( *More restrictions! What next? I guess if you need a night fix on the coast, either go to Ocean Beach or south to the Santa Cruz.

Hey DD…is the parking lot in the sky considered Pacifica property or Daly City Property?

Americansteel
04-02-2008, 07:35 AM
Big Brother is Watching [smiley=baghead.gif]

FishinRaiders
04-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Pacifica has tried this before and will try it again..with only 2 cops on duty in each part of the city at night..north central south..They don't have the police force to walk out on the beach and bother anyone..unless they are board..

fbanaria
04-02-2008, 09:44 AM
What a bummer! >:( *More restrictions! What next? I guess if you need a night fix on the coast, either go to Ocean Beach or south to the Santa Cruz.

Hey DD…is the parking lot in the sky considered Pacifica property or Daly City Property?

FYI, the parking lot in the sky is Daly City property. You can check this on google maps.

pez
04-02-2008, 09:57 AM
In the Laaaand of the freeeeee!!!!!!! So much for our freedoms :'(. Next will be a urination ordinance, stating the restricted times and places allowed and cubic inches allowed.
And the worst thing is that the people, who come up with these pieces of garbage legislation, they do get paid ......and with our money. Pitifull

Double_D
04-02-2008, 11:57 AM
It is what it is.....I'll just have to adjust.... ;)

ghostfish_slayer
04-02-2008, 01:01 PM
CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTION
ARTICLE 1 DECLARATION OF RIGHTS

Section 25. The people shall have the right to fish upon and from
the public lands of the State and in the waters thereof, excepting
upon lands set aside for fish hatcheries, and no land owned by the
State shall ever be sold or transferred without reserving in the
people the absolute right to fish thereupon; and no law shall ever be
passed making it a crime for the people to enter upon the public
lands within this State for the purpose of fishing in any water
containing fish that have been planted therein by the State;
provided, that the legislature may by statute, provide for the season
when and the conditions under which the different species of fish
may be taken.

FishinRaiders
04-02-2008, 01:29 PM
Linda Mar Beach is owned by the State

Sharp Park Beach behind the golf course is actually San Francisco Property

GT
04-02-2008, 01:47 PM
FYI, the parking lot in the sky is Daly City property. You can check this on google maps.

Thanks for the clarification brat popper. I figured it was but I had to ask to make sure.

h00kie
04-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Right ::)....... April Fools *[smiley=nana.gif]

http://municipalcodes.lexisnexis.com/codes/pacifica/_DATA/TITLE04/_CHAPTER_10_PARKS__BEACHES_AND_REC/Sec__4_10_118__Prohibited_acti.html

tuna_head
04-02-2008, 04:10 PM
above and beyond all the bs santa sruz beaches are all ready shut down at 900 pm and there aint no stripers down here anyhow!!! oh my buddy that lives a block away from the beach just called he caught 6 or 7 nice perch and a small striper on a trout rod ,he released all of em, the striper was 26"

MB_Kevin
04-02-2008, 05:13 PM
OH man you guys are killing me :o
I was just out there the other night to! I thought you were serious.

Double_D
04-02-2008, 05:41 PM
My mistake people, I didn't read the complete post from the other forum, I'm at home sick with the flu and fever not feeling very good and didn't bother to rear the complete post.

I'll leave this thread up for another day then delete it...it was an April Fools joke and they got me......sorry guys