PDA

View Full Version : The Cherry Popper at WORK

PlugROCKSTAR
07-30-2005, 04:25 PM
Drove down SF to get a lil' salty today, got to Tom's house at 4:15-4:30am because he doesn't know how to get to his own house. ::) *Got to the lcoation at 5:30am and got geared up and made the long death march :o *to the beach. *

http://beta.propichosting.com/FileHandler.ashx?pa=501939&sub=5&timecode=63258351 8778075000&checkref=1
Tom's 2nd cast he hooks into a nice fish which weighed at 17lbs flat. *

My 2nd cast i hooked into this beast ;D

The Cherry Popper Bent *8) FISH ON yee haw.
http://beta.propichosting.com/FileHandler.ashx?pa=501939&sub=4&timecode=63258351 3297293750&checkref=1

I won ;D 22lbs maybe 41-43" give or take. *Fish was revived after the photo was taken and released to make more lil' fishies 8)

This is my Biggest Surf Striper yet. I know it will be hard to break my personal record.
http://beta.propichosting.com/FileHandler.ashx?pa=501939&sub=3&timecode=63258351 7196512500&checkref=1

Steve_M
07-30-2005, 04:36 PM
916 way to go. Nice fish,Looks like you should change your name to Surfstriperkiller. :)

PlugROCKSTAR
07-30-2005, 04:39 PM
916 way to go. Nice fish,Looks like you should change your name to Surfstriperkiller. :)

nah, i'll stick to my original name Steve ;D

SturgeonVirgin
07-30-2005, 05:51 PM
Way to go bro, sure wish I coulda made it there!

ratss427
07-30-2005, 06:20 PM
nice fish bro.i hope to have similar luck tomorrow a.m .looks like one of those "quality"topwater plugs ;)did you see the take?

PlugROCKSTAR
07-30-2005, 07:13 PM
nice fish bro.i hope to have similar luck tomorrow a.m .looks like one of those "quality"topwater plugs ;)did you see the take?

watched the whole thing take place rats. god i love topwater take downs. The boil/chase alone is a treat. i probably had 4-5 boil over my plugs but no takers. it was over all a very good day getting salty ;D

tomaurand
07-30-2005, 07:24 PM
It was a blast 916. Anytime my friend we will do it again. Maybe even T won't have a familiy crisis and can actually join us ;D

By the way, you may have caught the biggest but, I caught the first and then the last fish the 10lbr. So my total weight was 27lbs to your 22 ;) I win!

Thanks again for making to drive, it was great!
Tom

joe_tomlinson
07-30-2005, 07:40 PM
Nice fish guys. Good job releasing the big one.

PlugROCKSTAR
07-30-2005, 07:53 PM
It was a blast 916. *Anytime my friend we will do it again. *Maybe even T won't have a familiy crisis and can actually join us ;D

By the way, you may have caught the biggest but, I caught the first and then the last fish the 10lbr. *So my total weight was 27lbs to your 22 ;) *I win!

Thanks again for making to drive, it was great!
Tom

Tom, it's always a BLAST fishing with you and your wifey. I hope she's feeling alot better. By the way's can i keep what you left in my truck? Cool Thanks, Tom your a swell guy ;D now i have my own Boga Grip 8) i'll give you your Shimano Needle nose back and your Jacket cause i'm a nice guy. Hope to see you soon. Have fun wtih your son this coming week.

PlugROCKSTAR
07-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Nice fish guys. Good job releasing the big one.

you should've seen the people's faces when Tom and I released that fish :o they were like WTF did you do that for ;D

2QUARTSLOW
07-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Way to go Carlo. Looks like that new rod works great. Must of felt like a guppy with that bad a$$ rod. Must be nice to go out and fish in da surf boy. Anyway looks like ya had a good day and some fun too.

2Q

PlugROCKSTAR
07-30-2005, 08:29 PM
Way to go bro, sure wish I coulda made it there!

Wish you were the too T. Tom and I would love to have you there so we had someone else to pick on. ;D

ghostfish_slayer
07-30-2005, 08:54 PM
nice job. i guess i should have went..

PlugROCKSTAR
07-30-2005, 08:56 PM
nice job. i guess i should have went..

and how many butts did you catch today GFS? ;D

ghostfish_slayer
07-30-2005, 09:02 PM
i did the lazy boy fishing from the wharf.had stripers boiling on my live bait under the bobber.i saw 2 grab it and spitt it but no hook ups.

ghostfish_slayer
07-30-2005, 09:37 PM
hijack,, the new american tackle titan guides are so light.i can't believe how much lighter they are than fuji's. like the thing say's 60 percent lighter than stainless steel.thats my first impression of them.

PlugROCKSTAR
07-30-2005, 09:39 PM
hijack,, the new american tackle titan guides are so light.i can't believe how much lighter they are than fuji's. like the thing say's 60 percent lighter than stainless steel.thats my first impression of them.

hhhmmm, The Cherry Popper's brother is waiting for new guides. GFS send me a link please. thanks bro :-*

Double_D
07-30-2005, 09:42 PM
Good job today 916, that is two weeks in a row you have made the surf,and Tom I watched you walk up that hill with your fish , and you looked like one of them HARVESTER'S ;D
that can't fathom the thought of releasing a fish ;D J/K and 916 I'm proud of you, a pinoy letting a big pig go, I wish I got there sooner to see that(the look on every body face)release...and Nor Cal Banger..thanks for being my wing man today glad you made it out.

PlugROCKSTAR
07-30-2005, 10:19 PM
Good job today 916, that is two weeks in a row you have made the surf,and Tom I watched you walk up that hill with your fish , and you looked like one of them HARVESTER'S ;D
that can't fathom the thought of releasing a fish ;D J/K and 916 I'm proud of you, a pinoy letting a big pig go, I wish I got there sooner to see that(the look on every body face)release...and Nor Cal Banger..thanks for being my wing man today glad you made it out.

I told Tom right off the bat this morning on the way down to the beach, that if i hook a monster i wanted him to remind me that it's a beyoch to carry it back. So after the fish was photograped and weighed i looked back and told Tom to release it. The face on these people were another treat to see ;D

ghostfish_slayer
07-30-2005, 10:37 PM
i like tom and shannon they are good people..i really should have went.

tomaurand
07-31-2005, 06:28 AM

Hey DX2, Harvester? I let the 17lbr go, got totally soaked reviving 916's fish and only kept the small one as I had a request at home for some fresh striper. By the way it was tasty ;)

Thats it, Sand crabs for you. ;D

tomaurand
07-31-2005, 06:30 AM
i like tom and shannon they are good people..i really should have went.

Aww, Shucks, I wish you could have made it GFS, we love your company as well.

PlugROCKSTAR
07-31-2005, 07:18 PM
Aww, Shucks, I wish you could have made it GFS, we love your company as well.

hhhmmm, what this he say bout' Tom? ;D

ghostfish_slayer
07-31-2005, 07:48 PM
just that they are good people and they love fishing,as mush as me.. ;D i will fish with them again anytime.

tomaurand
08-01-2005, 06:22 AM
nah, i'll stick to my original name Steve ;D

your name is now Steve? ;D

h00kie
08-01-2005, 08:25 AM

It's called personal choice D_D. That's the diversity you should expect when you are out fishing a diverse group of people fishing for the same game fish. I do not think if one that choose to keep his/her limit should be called by any other name than a fisherman. As long as he possesses a valid fishing liscence. I agree w/ you that there are some that have a hard time understanding C&R but I have told those that I am associated with when its brought up that it is a matter of personal preference. I do however frown on those that keep over their limit but labeling just doesn't seat w/ me very well. Now being called a "ROOKIE" I can take. Besides, are you implying that you never "harvested" stripers or any other game fish?
Just my $.02 worth and not to rain on you guys' parade.

Double_D
08-01-2005, 08:34 AM
No harm done here bro ;) when Benicia starts I'll be wearing my John Deer Harvester hat..I'll be fishing with Chip his wife and Bow Bow and it will look like a fish kill in front of us. ;)

h00kie
08-01-2005, 08:47 AM
;)
FISH ON!!!!

tomaurand
08-01-2005, 08:54 AM
I think what Dx2 means by harvester is something we have all seen on the beach. you see people on Saturday and they get thier limit of fish. no problem. But then on Sunday you see the same guys taking thier limit again. to me this is harvesting not to mention poaching.
There is nothing wrong with keeping a bass or two but four in two days is not cool.

Double_D, Please correct me if I am wrong.

PlugROCKSTAR
08-01-2005, 09:00 AM
i've seen 3fish with one individual on Saturday. Thats harvesting and straight up poaching.

h00kie
08-01-2005, 09:17 AM
Like I said, I do not agree w/ taking over the limit. The thing is we all know each other here and that we joke around each other like that at the beach and we understand that it's all in good humor. However, there are readers that are not associated w/ the rest of us that might take offense to what is being said here.
There are fine individuals in our group and there are those that are less admirable, I just don't think that it is a wise game to play in the web where anybody that don't know us as individuals would presume that the group are a bunch of @$$#0(es, that's all!

dimpala95
08-01-2005, 09:21 AM
Yep. the surf conditions were great but there were not too many fish. Same with Sunday. Glad you guys hooked up. See, you don't have to climb rocks to catch fish.

Believe it or not but a lot of the guys that do catch more than their limit will give their fish away. I know that the law says when you reach your limit you're done fishing. I think it's an ethics call but you do see over limits in any kind of fishing.

Double_D
08-01-2005, 09:31 AM
I confess...I took over my limit, after leaving that big parking lot in the sky I drove through McDonnell's and ate 3 double cheese burgers and 2 Mac fish sandwiches and large order of Fry's and a small DIET coke..I feel bad I went over my limit. :'(

catch-22
08-01-2005, 09:32 AM
...Harvest a limit ...Keep the baby sitters happy...Someone gets to keep on fishing. ;D ;D ;D

h00kie
08-01-2005, 09:51 AM
I confess...I took over my limit, after leaving that big parking lot in the sky I drove through McDonnell's and ate 3 double cheese burgers and 2 Mac fish sandwiches and large order of Fry's and a small DIET coke..I feel bad I went over my limit. :'(
I refuse to believe that!!! How could you do such a thing? It's not conceivable. Chowing down on all that food w/ just a small diet coke to wash it down? ;D

Double_D
08-01-2005, 09:54 AM
That is why I'm still at home I'm afraid to go to far from the bathroom! :o

Double_D
08-01-2005, 09:56 AM
I'm like a dog...I never chew my food. :P

FishinFool408
08-01-2005, 09:58 AM
:o Wow! I take it that was just your appetizer right? ;D

FishinFool408
08-01-2005, 09:59 AM
I'm like a dog...I never chew my food. :P
Talk about inhaling!! ;D

Double_D
08-01-2005, 10:03 AM
where I grew you had to eat as fast as you can before the other kids would take your food. :)

FishinFool408
08-01-2005, 10:13 AM
where I grew you had to eat as fast as you can before the other kids would take your food. :)
I take it that it was you who was doing the taking right? You're such a bully! ;D

Double_D
08-01-2005, 10:17 AM
sssspot it sillyyyyy.....you BRUIT :-*

FishinFool408
08-01-2005, 10:20 AM
Who me? ??? *Or else what? *You're gonna take my L&L chicken katsu plate? ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
08-01-2005, 10:21 AM
Who me? ??? *Or else what? *You're gonna take my L&L chicken katsu plate? ;D

mmmmmmm L & L Spam Musubi. FF408 bring me some ;D

FishinFool408
08-01-2005, 10:25 AM
Right on. *I'll bring it by once I shake Double D off my tail! ;D *Wait, I know...I'll just put a few sand crabs on top of the bag and he won't dare touch it! ;) :P

Double_D
08-01-2005, 10:30 AM
watch out fishenfool408 I've gotten over the Sand Crad phobia. ;)

PlugROCKSTAR
08-01-2005, 10:31 AM
watch out fishenfool408 I've gotten over the Sand Crad phobia. ;)

then what bout' them pileworms or better yet bloodworms :o

Double_D
08-01-2005, 10:34 AM
still have that phobia

tomaurand
08-01-2005, 11:42 AM
I really don't blame you Dx2, There is just something wrong about a worm with a projectile hooking device that bleeds all over you when placed on a hook.
They are so wrong.

PlugROCKSTAR
08-01-2005, 11:43 AM
I really don't blame you Dx2, There is just something wrong about a worm with a projectile hooking device that bleeds all over you when placed on a hook. *
They are so wrong.

Tom don't tell me that Double_D's wussiness rubbed all over you too :o ;D

tomaurand
08-01-2005, 12:04 PM
Hey not at all. I'm just saying I understand. I have no problems using pile or blood worms. In fact, I think they deserve to be put on a hook and eaten ;D

Double_D
08-01-2005, 05:55 PM
I really don't blame you Dx2, There is just something wrong about a worm with a projectile hooking device that bleeds all over you when placed on a hook. *
They are so wrong.

See I'm not the only one..Blood and Pile worms are not GOD'S creatures

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-03-2005, 07:41 AM
Cmon 916 where do you keep buying these fish from :-/

PlugROCKSTAR
08-03-2005, 07:57 AM
Cmon 916 where do you keep buying these fish from :-/

from krzy ;D

donzitroller
08-05-2005, 09:50 AM
916, awesome fish dude! and congrats on the release! Someday I'll have to check out some of that surf action.. looks like fun for sure.. I would need one of those baseball helmets though, ya know the ones with the double beer holders and the tubes.. lol.. Otherwise I think I'd dehydrate! FISH ON!

PlugROCKSTAR
08-05-2005, 10:26 AM
916, awesome fish dude! and congrats on the release! Someday I'll have to check out some of that surf action.. looks like fun for sure.. I would need one of those baseball helmets though, ya know the ones with the double beer holders and the tubes.. lol.. Otherwise I think I'd dehydrate! FISH ON!

thanks Donzi. That Surf Action is freakin' addicting like any other fishing. gotta go topwater though if you do. ;D

tomaurand
08-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Don't listen to 916 about all that topwater stuff, i heard that he traded all his surface plugs for hair raisers and tin ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
08-09-2005, 07:18 AM
The Cherry Popper will be back out on the Surf this weekend. Scoot over Double_D ;D

Double_D
08-09-2005, 11:34 AM
Here comes the Sacramento harvesters, I don't want to here about that new harvesting lure you will use down here, the one with the 20 foot leader and 20 buck tails tied to it and the gill net trailer. ;D

and not to mention you new fishing practice FILLET and RELEASE..... ;D

And most people put there catch in a ice box you guys bring a Back ho dig a trench and fill em up,that wet sand can keep a fish cool till what sundown when no one is around. ;D

Come on down 916 show me how it is done. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tomaurand
08-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Wow,
i think thats all I can say to that one Dx2. ;D

Double_D
08-09-2005, 11:59 AM
come on Tom lets raise the ladder. ;D

tomaurand
08-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Ok, how’s This:

The Sacramento Harvester is coming down this weekend to raise hell with the stripers. Be on the look out for a man carrying 20 fishing pole and a truck load of family members (none of which will actually be fishing) They will have 25 coolers full of ice to pass the harvested fish down the line so each person can have their “limit”.
He may also be carrying TNT or other explosives to stun fish for easy hand grabbing in the water.
He may also be “playing” with the Dungeness Crabs that are beaching themselves to lay eggs right now by placing them securely in plastic bags and into the cooler or trash cans so the crabs cannot hurt themselves any further.
If you see this Sacramento Harvester, please call the DFG, 911, ATF, and the FBI immediately.

Double_D
08-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Dang...Tom that was RAW!...I'll have to go take a nap and come back later with a respons... ;D

FishinFool408
08-09-2005, 12:31 PM
DD, sounds as if Tom has your fishing strategies down packed. Except the fact that you drive a van instead of a truck and that you don't live in Sac. ;D

tomaurand
08-09-2005, 01:48 PM
DD, sounds as if Tom has your fishing strategies down packed. *Except the fact that you drive a van instead of a truck and that you don't live in Sac. ;D

I didn't want to point any fingers so I said truck ;)

PlugROCKSTAR
08-09-2005, 04:19 PM
ok everybody scoot over. 916 is in town. oh boy there goes the beach ;D ;D