PDA

View Full Version : Plugs Plugs and More Plugs

PlugROCKSTAR
07-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Christmas is already here ::) ;D for me at least. Received my first shipment of plugs from my lure builder today. 1st one in the West Coast from Rhode Island. You can check them out this Saturday at Half Moon Bay ;) PM me if you want more details. These are just SAMPLES for now. Final finish products will be here hopefully Friday.

FishinFool408
07-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Now you need a few stripers caught with those plugs to put under the Christmas tree! ;D

Double_D
07-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Christmas is already here ::) ;D for me at least. Received my first shipment of plugs from my lure builder today. 1st one in the West Coast from Rhode Island. *You can check them out this Saturday at Half Moon Bay ;) *PM me if you want more details. *These are just SAMPLES for now. Final finish products will be here hopefully Friday.

I will cook you a shrimp for a plug. ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
07-18-2005, 12:12 PM
I will cook you a shrimp for a plug. ;D

i'll let you look at it ;D

Double_D
07-18-2005, 12:23 PM
NO SHRIMP FOR YOU!

PlugROCKSTAR
07-18-2005, 12:42 PM
NO SHRIMP FOR YOU!

NO PLUGS FOR YOU :P i think i'll go try all 17 of them on the American today ;D

wading2fish
07-18-2005, 07:25 PM
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/1740/dsc000581mk.jpg

This is one of my favorites, a Gibb's Polaris Popper.

w2f

fbanaria
07-18-2005, 07:35 PM
I have one of those same colored Gibbs Polaris Poppers. Never had success with them. Probably best fished from the rocks ha? Just mainly used it on the beach. Was not effective at all.

wading2fish
07-18-2005, 07:42 PM
I have had many hookups with Polaris Poppers. I have about five different colors. If I don't get any action I just change colors. And there have been times where they just won't attract any bites so I change to a totally different popper or lure. Yeah, they can be fished off the rocks or the beach, even in rivers.

w2f

GT
07-18-2005, 10:40 PM
Those poppers are actually productive and commonly used at Ocean Beach SF.

wading2fish
07-19-2005, 01:39 AM
GT,

You know what you're talking about. Ocean Beach, for some reason is Polaris Popper territory and that is where I have had my best luck using them. They are very common up there.

w2f

PlugROCKSTAR
07-19-2005, 06:08 AM
just wait until you guys see these plugs i got. :o yeah their pretty similar to Danny Gibbs plugs nice like Mike Fixter's Poppers, if you know who he is.

tomaurand
07-19-2005, 06:26 AM
I have one of those same colored Gibbs Polaris Poppers. *Never had success with them. *Probably best fished from the rocks ha? *Just mainly used it on the beach. *Was not effective at all.

That polaris popper is probably one of the mpst effective topwater baits when the surf is up and kicking. *If the water is to rough for me to use a pencil that is my go to bait. *Of course thats also because we really don't throw metal or plastic. *There is just to much of a rush when you see the fish attack :o

Oh, and 916, quit yer braggin ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
07-19-2005, 06:29 AM
That polaris popper is probably one of the mpst effective topwater baits when the surf is up and kicking. *If the water is to rough for me to use a pencil that is my go to bait. *Of course thats also because we really don't throw metal or plastic. *There is just to much of a rush when you see the fish attack :o

Oh, and 916, quit yer braggin ;D

I know I know. I'll stop. Hey Tom wanna see my Plugs ;D

tomaurand
07-19-2005, 06:31 AM
I know I know. I'll stop. Hey Tom wanna see my Plugs ;D

I bet my plugs are bigger then your plugs ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
07-19-2005, 06:34 AM
I bet my plugs are bigger then your plugs ;D

But my Rod is longer than yours :P

tomaurand
07-19-2005, 06:44 AM
But my Rod is longer than yours :P

No it isn't, mine is 10'6" your is a lil 9 footer ;)

PlugROCKSTAR
07-19-2005, 06:45 AM
No it isn't, mine is 10'6" your is a lil 9 footer ;)

mine is 10'6" too :P

tomaurand
07-19-2005, 06:47 AM
Ok, this thread has offically died.
So, how bout those Polaris Poppers?

PlugROCKSTAR
07-19-2005, 06:50 AM
Polaris Poppers are great. Wish i can get them from Fixter. Will Fixter be there this weekend Tom???

tomaurand
07-19-2005, 06:52 AM
Maybe,
He has a flyrod of Tl's that she needs to get back. Also I think Winch will be there with a truck full O plugs of which two our for Shan and me.

PlugROCKSTAR
07-19-2005, 06:54 AM
Maybe,
He has a flyrod of Tl's that she needs to get back. *Also I think Winch will be there with a truck full O plugs of which two our for Shan and me.

what about me? you said you were gonna buy me a new one cause i lost my Pearl Fixter at the Fling :'(

tomaurand
07-19-2005, 06:59 AM
what about me? you said you were gonna buy me a new one cause i lost my Pearl Fixter at the Fling :'(

What are you talking about, I already mailed you a new one ;D Besides, you don't fish enough to throw a Fixter. You gotta earn those stripes.

PlugROCKSTAR
07-19-2005, 07:02 AM
fine :-[ be that way :'(

tomaurand
07-19-2005, 07:14 AM
fine :-[ be that way :'(

Awww, I'm just playin, didn't mean to hurt the ol feelings :'(

wading2fish
07-19-2005, 12:59 PM
That polaris popper is probably one of the mpst effective topwater baits when the surf is up and kicking

Polaris Poppers were made for the roughest surf conditions. That is when they are at their best. I think that explains why they are so effective at Ocean Beach, the surf there is usually rough. Gibb's poppers are my preferred lures, but I am thinking of getting some Mike Fixter poppers. I've read about him, his lures are exceptional. He has even been called a living legend, I think, but his lures are supposed to be really good.

PlugROCKSTAR
07-19-2005, 01:44 PM
I am thinking of getting some Mike Fixter poppers. I've read about him, his lures are exceptional. He has even been called a living legend, I think, but his lures are supposed to be really good.

Mike Fixter's Poppers are the best poppers i have ever seen. I don't thnk i can even compare them to what i just received from my lure builder in Rhode Island.

sunracer1957
07-19-2005, 01:48 PM
It's not the size of your plug,, it's all in the presentation :o :o

wading2fish
07-19-2005, 08:11 PM
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/8341/picture0138fg.th.jpg (http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture0138fg.jpg)][/img]

Some more of my Gibb's wood.

w2f

Double_D
07-19-2005, 08:30 PM
Nothing more sexy than a top water take down... ;)

It's the best thing that can happen to a surf Striper fishermen.. ;D

Double_D
07-19-2005, 08:36 PM
I can't confirm this but I heard that winchmaster and Mike Fexter will be at the SOL get together in Half Moon Bay this Saturday we might be able to get some top water stuff from local plug builders.... ;)

tomaround can you confirn this. 8)

GT
07-19-2005, 08:40 PM
I'm crossing my fingers that they will be there. I would love see some of there highly touted works of art. I have top water fever and would like to gain some insight from the legends.

Double_D
07-19-2005, 08:47 PM
GT...I'm thinking I might need a new rod that is made for top water plugs my 11 ft. rod is to stiff but I don't think it will happen this season...I'm starting to get horny for river rotter's on the American and Feather rivers... :o

MB_Kevin
07-19-2005, 09:47 PM
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/1740/dsc000581mk.jpg

This is one of my favorites, a Gibb's Polaris Popper.

w2f
there was one of those stuck in the rocks the night I was out there fishing for lures but I didnt have anything to get it out. tried for about 10 or so minits but it wouldnt budge with the stick i had.

wading2fish
07-20-2005, 05:56 AM
fishing for lures

Hey MasterBaiter,

That might be an activity that I will be getting into. Some of these lures are kinda pricey :o.

w2f

PlugROCKSTAR
07-20-2005, 05:59 AM
I can't confirm this but I heard that winchmaster and Mike Fexter will be at the SOL get together in Half Moon Bay this Saturday we might be able to get some top water stuff from local plug builders.... ;)

Double_D,

Tom is not sure is Mike Fixter is gonna be there. Not sure if Winch will even show up.

wading2fish
07-20-2005, 06:00 AM
sorry about messing up the format on this thread with that pic I posted. Not sure why it did that, but I just learned how to post pics and I still haven't got it down 100%.

w2f

tomaurand
07-20-2005, 06:10 AM
I spoke with Winch and he will probably be there, if not in the morning then at the BBQ(he has a couple of plugs for me ;D. *Mike, as far as I know will not make it.

If other Fishsniffers are going, please remember to bring something for the cause. *Be it drinks, snacks, something to grill etc. *There is a list on SOL of who is bringing what. *Its all for fun but sharing makes it better.

Tom

PlugROCKSTAR
07-20-2005, 06:43 AM

Tom and Shannon "is the walking Mike Fixter Store" ;D I'm sure they don't mind selling some of their old Fixter Plugs. ;D so they can replace them with new ones 8)

tomaurand
07-20-2005, 06:48 AM
Mike won't be there. Winch will and he should have lots of plugs.
I refuse to part with any of my fixters, although to be honest, I can get the Winchmasters to walk easier. That is why you will see me throw it more often. The Fixter Pikie, No one can touch that thing. It swims perfect!

Again,
I posted above, but if any other sniffers are going to go the get together (everyone's welcome) please bring something for the cause. Be it drinks, snacks, something for the grill etc. lets share and have a great time.

Tom

PlugROCKSTAR
07-20-2005, 07:00 AM
can't wait to get there Tom. ;D

Double_D get that Wok nice and hot cause' i'm bringin' my appetite ;D for some Shrimps