PDA

View Full Version : Not a bad morning

MontanaN8V
04-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Took the boys to the port for some fishing action, tethered oldest to a piling in the float tube, he caught one crappie, then the youngest I kept with me in the yak, and he caught two, and I got three. Would have caught more, but youngest buried a hook into his finger past the barb, and pretty much cut our day short. He is fine now, tried the fishing line trick, did not work, numbed it up with some ice, and then used my pliers to push down, and pull back, and it popped rigt out, but bled like mad. Had him put his hand in the ice chest, and the bleeding stopped. Now he is proud, he has a war wound from fishing like the rest of us.

mike_l
04-26-2009, 04:12 PM
I really like reading about you spending time with the boys...cool stuff. Pics would be good :)...there's nothing like male bonding over scar tissue.

-Mike

Bass_Sergeant
04-26-2009, 06:53 PM
Great job dad! Your son has a great attitude when it comes to getting "hooked"! How old are they? 8-)

/me

MontanaN8V
04-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Tanner is 8 and ryan is 10, they are my stepsons, my son is 7 and my daughter is 10, I get them next weekend, and will take them out there then. I did not get pics today due to the micro surgery.