PDA

View Full Version : Delta Float Fest 2, 3/7/09 @ Holland tract rd.

Bass_Sergeant
03-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Alright, well it looks like the next DFF will be on March 7th off of Holland Tract rd.! *Even though I will be down in Southern California and will have to miss this one, I hope you guys have a great time, and remember to take your cameras! :) *

I encourage everybody to try to attend if you can, it is a great way to meet a bunch of guys that enjoy to fish as much as you do, and to share information and learn new things. *

Here is the list of participants so far, I will try to get online daily to update the list. *Have a great time! 8-)

Delta Float Fest 2 participants:
Slim
Compadrejt (Drag some of those "Silly boyz" up here with you! ;))
jeffrm20
h00kie (maybe)
Bass_Sergeant (In spirit! ;))

CJC
03-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Okay Slim and Jeff. How are we going to meet?

outdoorsman
03-02-2009, 09:02 PM
:'( :'( :'( Baseball >:(

Next time sundays ;)

CJC
03-02-2009, 09:06 PM
:'( :'( :'( Baseball >:(

Next time sundays ;)
Sorry outdoorsman. I will make a point to pick Sunday next time. I hope it works out!

h00kie
03-05-2009, 04:10 PM
There's a very good chance I'll be joining you guys. Hope to be there bright and early.

Bass_Sergeant
03-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Have fun tomorrow guys! I will be at a wedding! :'( 8-)

/me

Slim
03-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Delta fest: I would hardly call it that but...

I arrived at the Marina at 6:00 am with 20 trucks in line to get their boats into the water. Bass Tour. :(
I parked below and by the time I had the toon ready to go the trucks were unloaded and parked. I wheeled the toon to the ramp.. Very hard and even without the battery. I think I want to add a second wheel if I were to wheel the toon from now on. Otherwise I'll carry the toon and make a few trips getting all the axcesseries , battery, motor, anchor, etc.. loaded on the toon in the water.

On the water & now I know why you don't motor foward if your line is in the water. After I went back to the ramp, took the Prop off, pulled the line off the shaft, cut the damaged line, and retied the line, I was back on the water. :o

I went with the outgoing tide. Went about a mile or so with no action. In part I was playing with the toon more than fishin. I'm happy with it !!!! 8-)
After and hr or so of playin I got down to fishin. Then around 10:00ish Compardrejt called. He just got there. I told him where I was & he tried to join me but the tide turned and He was fighting the current. I turned around to follow the tide again and finally joined up with him. We were saying we needed H00kie to show us how it's done, but we never saw him!!

We worked the back side of the Island where I hinally hooked up about a 4 lbr, Just as I reached for him with the net he unhooked. LDR :D & I Saw Compardrejt finally pickup a LM...
We worked ourselves back toward the marina & because I was feeling sick with the flue, body aches and all. I called it quits. Sorry Compardrejt I tried to call you & let you know. He dissapeared going into Rock Slough.

So as I was driving home, There was H00kie on the other side of the bridge on rock slough. He went the opposit way than we did. I honked and waved and he return the wave then I headed home !!

How did you do H00kie? Get any more Compardrejt?

Slim

CJC
03-07-2009, 09:15 PM
It was nice to meet you Slim. I got there at about 7:30. Ran up and down the levy checking things out and trying to see if I could spot you. But I guess you were too far away. I finally launched at the road side just past the first set of docks before getting to Riverside Marina. When I called you I was still 1/2 mile from Riverside.

It was tough to paddle against the current. And I did so going in and then against the current coming back! I must have done 4 to 5 miles today and my arms just about gave up when I got back to the car. All I can say is ouch! :D ;D ;D ;D h00kie had the right idea... >:( ;D

All I was able to get is the one you saw me catch. It was pretty dead out there. I overheard a couple of the tournament guys talk adn they said very few people had anything at all. So I guess we did good for a couple of rookies in the Delta. ;)

It was great out there getting to fish with yet another sniffer. We shall do it again Slim!

I got to get in the ofuro... :D ;D ;D ;D

Not a bad looking fish at all. It has been getting some weight on. ;)
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7289/p3060101.jpg

Bass_Sergeant
03-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Despite the low turnout, it seems that you guys still managed a few bites, and the overall mission was accomplished by providing an opportunity for sniffers to meet eachother for the first time. *

Still looking for h00kie's report! 8-)

/me

h00kie
03-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Unfortunately I was not able to make it out there at all. Had to provide support and help lift a family member's moral.

Low turn out - yes. But two of the nicest folks I have had the chance to fish with and meet now know each other. That in itself is a good fishing expedition.

CJC
03-09-2009, 08:47 AM
I was wondering why you didn't call. ;D ;D ;D That makes better sense now. There must have been another pontoon fishing in that area.