PDA

View Full Version : Float tube Trolling motor?

joshc40
01-21-2008, 10:01 PM
What kind of trolling motor are you supposed to use with your tube? Are there special motors only for tubes or is it all the same? I know it sounds like a stupid question but I'm seriously thinking about putting a motor on my tube. Any help would be appreciated.

Josh

kgphotos@pacbell.n
01-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Check out this link.

http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Bw_Sports_Bw_Sports_Float_Power

MB_Kevin
01-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Not a stupid question here is a thread that should have your answers ;)

float tube motors (http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1199922099/0)

Bass_Sergeant
01-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Go for it! They make them for tube applications for a reason. I haven't seen to many in use, but from what I have read, quite a few sniffers do in fact tube with one. I don't think I personally will be getting one but I wouldn't mind trying one at all. Give it a shot and let us know what you think. 8-)

/me

Shenanigans
01-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Here is a thread that was up not to long ago, check it out! Also if you use the search feature you can find allot of info out about all types of topics.

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1199922099

Good Luck!
/me

joshc40
01-22-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks for all your help guys. I'm seriously thinking about getting a trolling motor for my tube very soon. Probably going to spend about 200-250 bucks for both the trolling motor and the tube power thing ::). Once again thanks for all your help and God bless.

Josh

Bass_Sergeant
01-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Once you fork out the dough, post a pic of your rig so we can all check it out! 8-)

/me

Jeff213
01-24-2008, 06:04 PM
I may have to buy one of these too.. I have a tube, but I don't have a boat. Maybe I don't need one!

Bass_Sergeant
01-26-2008, 11:12 AM
I may have to buy one of these too.. I have a tube, but I don't have a boat. *Maybe I don't need one!

That's the way I look at it too. Not saying I would never buy a boat, but when you think about it, you motor from the ramp to get to a spot that you might end up fishing for a couple hours straight, (especially when the fish are really biting). In bass fishing, these spots are normally not too far away from the shore line, or at least a reasonable short distance from where a tube could be launched from the shore close by. And what is the primary motor that a boater uses once he is on his spot, the trolling motor! However all a boater has to do to get to the other side of the lake is pull up the t-motor and fire up the outboard and head straight to his next stop, while a tuber would have to get back to shore then pack up and drive his car around the lake to get to the other side, depending on the size of the lake. Now one day sure I will get a boat, but I am sure enjoying the economics of not having one right now for sure! 8-)

/me

metalmouth
01-26-2008, 11:24 AM
I trolled out of a tube and a toon for years. I caught a lot of fish without the downriggers. Trolling flies is a hoot! I also used leadcore for trolling depths. There isn't much you can't do if you set your mind to it! ;)

MM

Bass_Sergeant
01-26-2008, 11:50 AM
There isn't much you can't do if you set your mind to it! ;)
MM

Amen to that! 8-)

/me