PDA

View Full Version : Freeport?

ghetto_fisher
08-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Any of you fish this area? Is freeport part of the American or Sac? Also, is it good right now? I haven't seen anything about that area, or if I have, i didn't know freeport was taht area. hehe ... Anyways, where would a good place be to laucnh and anchor down or what?

thanks,

Ghetto_fisher

ghetto_fisher
08-20-2004, 01:43 PM
Anyone??? I'm leaving soon and most likely wont' have internet access. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ghetto_fisher!

Steve_M
08-20-2004, 01:54 PM
Freeport is south of sacramento.If i were you i would try verona.Its as good as any place right now,not a lot fish in the river yet.Could change any min. Good luck!

ghetto_fisher
08-20-2004, 02:04 PM
thanks... how far is verona?

FishingNBeer
08-23-2004, 12:23 PM
Salmon fishing is very slow this year. I checked Freeport this morning and found only about 10 people fishing there. The older asian men told me nothing has been caught for over a week. I expect for the salmon to start rolling into freeport within the next week or so. And then I will quit my job, girlfriend, and school just to fish for 2 months. Haha. Anyway, if you guys have any good news let me know. :)

ghetto_fisher
08-23-2004, 09:51 PM
It was horrid!!!! hehe...(it was cold and windy) i forgot to put the drain plug in..i put it in and then my solenoid went out! So i replaced it and got in the water 4 hours later... fished from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and caught nothing. I didn't see one salmon. I didn't see one fish caught. It was bad. Hopefully next time will be better. Good luck yall!!!

ndiezel
08-24-2004, 07:28 AM
Was there yesterday from 6-9 PM. No fish, no rolls, no nada. All I saw on my fishfinder was a bunch of catfish on the bottom. Guess they ain't quite there yet. Used a chartruese wiggle wort and a orange blue fox #5 about 18" off a trolling spreader w/ a 1 oz sinker. I only live about 10 minutes away from the Clarksburgh ramp so I will be doing this every couple, three days. Hopefully, I will have more interesting tales to tell the one I just laid out.

Steve_M
08-24-2004, 07:47 AM
What the brand of your fish finder.How much does it cost. you can see catfish on the bottom with it? :o

mandadawe1
10-02-2005, 03:59 PM
needs fresh report for freeport area,anybody out there that fish the area recently like october report will be appreciated, thanks.

DirtyStriper
10-02-2005, 05:53 PM
my buddy fished there this morning til 1 and said he saw a few rolling but had no luck an didn't see any hookups :-/ wish we could finally get some cool weather to help

Earlyo
10-02-2005, 07:16 PM
This year has been slow all around! When are all the fish coming?