PDA

View Full Version : Overnighter Cache Slough

North River 1
03-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Hey Sturgeon experts;
Is there a better spot to fish for the giant beasts this Saturday night than Cache Slough? I've never fished in the Antioch bridge area, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

bentrod
03-05-2008, 08:20 PM
there r alot of good spots in cache. You can get out of the wind. Pittsburg is going good now, but if the wind kicks up, its a problem. Try marker 40 or 41. The mouth at prospect or just inside prospect where the island flows into it.

North River 1
03-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks Bentrod,

I'm still trying to navigate the hotspots in the Delta and I appreciate your help! I'll check out the location of markers 40-41, is prospect slough marked clearly on the map?

gomezfish
03-06-2008, 11:54 AM
my freind fishes with some people who kill um in prospect slough at night , ide check it out

JohnB
03-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Prospect is doing verry well right now, I have seen a fish cought every time i am in there 2 times a week or so.

JohnB
03-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Go up prospect 2 or so miles, tons of action, and there is a little island with a fire pit that is kind of cool because when it is windy at night you donít have to worry about your boat swinging back and forth. It is also 20 feet deep right off shore we fished it Saturday evening and had a few good take downs but missed them.

Doctor_Dan
03-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Fished Cache and mouth of Prospect last Sat (3/01). *Marked a lot of good fish, had sturgeon rolling and jumping all around us, but never had a bite. *What teases they are!! ;D *Was able to only fish the outgo, had to leave before the tide change as it was getting dark, so may have missed out because of that.

Good luck out there, Dan

North River 1
03-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks to all that replied; I'll be a good newbie to the forum and give a full report on how how it turns out this weekend! I plan on fishing Friday night through Sunday mid day. So we should be able to hit several premium tides. Stay tuned......... 8-)

gomezfish
03-07-2008, 05:52 PM
gostshrimp/pileworm combo should do it

North River 1
03-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Ok Guy's, we used every bait possible, ghost, grass, pile worms, squid and chad. No solid bites at the mouth of Cache and Prospect or up prospect. Marked alot of fish on the Lowrance, but not many bites *>:(, I'm a bitter fisherman right now but I'll get over it.