PDA

View Full Version : Sturgeon Update......

Capt'n Kev
03-03-2008, 04:40 AM
I think there has been some wind out there...... ;D *;D

Bite Rating: SLOW
Bite Type: Lite Tap with some indicators of becoming more agressive.
Water Temp: 50-51
Water Condition: Murky with meduim amount of debri & grass
Fishing Depth: 17-35ft
Best Bait: The Roe
General Locations: San Joaquin River, Sherman Island, Powerlines

Yesterday, we were able to hook into a 52 inch legal on the San Joaquin, using roe. On Saturday, we were able to hook into a big sturgeon on the lower side of the Powerlines, using roe, but after some good runs, and one quick change of direction, the 65lb wire leader snapped.... :( *:( *Must have been a big one to do that.... :o *:o On Friday, the bite for us didnt turn on until the afternoon tide, but we just couldnt get one hooked up. Did manage to hook a sqaw fish...but as hard as we tried...just couldnt get the pic to look anything like a sturgeon.... ;) *;) There was a private boat in our area that had a great day with two legal sturgeon and had some stripers along with that.

With the water temps still coming up, and hopefully with this weeks weather looking like it should be much better that the past few days, we are praying to the fish gods for a better bite.

Good luck uut there and Hope this helps! If you have any questions or need some help, feel free to drop me an email or pm.

redmt
03-03-2008, 07:21 AM
Have you ever fished east of the bridge down Dutch towards Big Break? I know some killer striper holes down there but have never caught or heard of any sturgeon down in there.

redsok
03-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Wait till the hills turn a little greener..

mrsockeye
03-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Kevin Yost's Trophy Squawfish Charters, specializing in that squawfish of a lifetime. Aslo specializing in flounders and diaper stripers. That has a good ring to it. ;) Good repot as usual, congrats on putting your client's on tough biting fish.