PDA

View Full Version : me and mr. Sturgeon Mano a Mano

Afishinado
02-29-2008, 08:46 PM
started the day out at Beldens about 7am this morning. headed out to the mothball *just me myself and I. got ther about 7.30 it was slack tide. I was ready for the outgo. marked a few fish in about 32 foot of water. after about 2 hours of nothing I decided to move the wind had piked up . set anchore at about 25 foot of water. *in about 30 minutes tap- tap and then it *was come on down. *this puppy took off like a Rockit I set the Hook and fish on. for thos of you guys or gals that have battled sturgeon by yourself I salute you. I have ben after thes Bad Boys sence the mid seventys and have cought my share of sturgeon. but this Dino was on steroids. it made about four good runs. I was ready to throw the towl in. I thought for shure it was over sized. after about the fourth Run it decided to come in. thats when the real fun starts. I first try and grab it with the snare and miss now I have to loosen the snare with the pole between my legs pain in the ass. round two I put the snare on this bad boy and as I start to pull up I can hear the bones in my back cracking. remember where talking about a fifty year old man her. anyway got the Bad boy in the Boat and called it a Day.I dont drink but after this battle I slammed two cervesas down realy fast. [smiley=party.gif] *talked to Jay (right Hook)who watched the Battle with his binocs. also talked to baitNbeer on the radio. sturgeon measured at 65" and fat as they come. bait was *ghost and my own souce. see you on the Water.Gabe

gomezfish
02-29-2008, 09:41 PM
ha good job bringin in that fish by yourself , we ended up getting one too , after suisuin cut we went over to the collinsville area , my uncle ended up hookin one , fish just took the bait and ran , it took us three a while to get it on the boat and to think u did it byyourself says that youve got some expeirience , it even got tangled near the prop!! it was CHAOS!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/thizzology/247694329_833117047_0.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/thizzology/247694213_833116628_0.jpg

^^ me tryig to claim someone elses fish HA HA!!

measured at 51 inches , a little guy

Afishinado
02-29-2008, 11:30 PM
BaitNbeer Nice fish.It looks like your smelly jelly baitNbeer combo that you blended together worked out OK for you guys. next time you want to hit sturgeon again let me know I am tired of catching thos big pigs by myself. my nephew was going to go with me today but the plans changed. *

Seon
03-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Hey guys, congrats! Afishenado, if you ever need a partner, let me know. Either in your boat or mine ;).

Newty
03-01-2008, 07:47 AM
Well done Afishenado ;). *That's a hell of a feat bringing in a fish that size in the boat on a solo mission. *[smiley=worthy.gif] I salute you. ;D

gomezfish
03-01-2008, 03:53 PM
ey gabe anytime man , im always up for fishing with new people, just give me a holler

RENOBOYS
03-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Nice 65" afishenado. Way to go on the solo deal too. Sounds like fun, kinda