PDA

View Full Version : Buoy33 report 55 inch sturg Middle ground

Hot_Rod
02-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Well Lou and I launched out of Pittsburg this morning early. Didn't have JPS at the bait shop so I settled for ghost, roe and eel. Started the day where I left off on Saturday up in the shallows without success. Fished the entire income with out a single pull down. Decide to make a run to Middle Ground an try some areas I have not fished heavily in a couple of years. Found some marks right as the tide was changing and dropped anchor. About 4:00 p.m. well into the outgo had a decent hit and connected for a sec only to have it slip the hook. Knowing it was near the end of the day *I changed up the baits to fresh ghost. Sure enough right before we were about to call it, had a small tap tap of a bite, swing for the fences and itís game on. Nice little battle ensued...got to love the shallow water. Depth was about 20 ft. Water temp was 52 degrees. Fish was released.

http://www.coastsidefishingclub.com/forums/user_uploads/594555-Ronsturg021808.jpg

metalmouth
02-19-2008, 05:17 AM
Nice looking fish! Nice release! Thanks for all the info on the report. Sounds like the bite is really on right now.

MM

RENOBOYS
02-19-2008, 06:45 AM
nice fish!!! keep those reports coming. this incoming storm sucks!!!

Lou_Koch
02-19-2008, 08:57 AM
Please give me the name of the photographer who took that picture. Its amazing how he got the fish, the fishing rod, and the fisherman in the picture

Lingcod Lou

FishingTone
02-19-2008, 09:26 AM
Nice back to back catch there!

NorKalkiller
02-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Nice fish man my travala is still a virgin cant wait ta hook one onn it

Hot_Rod
02-19-2008, 07:48 PM
NorKalkiller, you are going to love catching sturgeon on that rod! I have two of them now. They are light and fast and have just the right backbone. They also start bending at the handle. Fishing the braid I like to have a little shock absorbtion when them big fish get to jumping.

Ron

NorKalkiller
02-20-2008, 11:04 AM
heck yea i bet i hear there pretty unbrakeable mabey soon as the rain stops i ll give it another try i fished the mouth of the little cut all sat night n sunday for nadda also thinkin of getting the spinning version of that rod

freon
02-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Great report buddy (and good pic Lou ;) ) looks like you guys had a great weekend, congrats :D