PDA

View Full Version : NAPA RIVER REPORT.............

sturgenchaser
02-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Fished the NAPPA RIVER today with my bro PONTOON JEFF,,,,,and kids .....was at the towers around 11:30,,, outgoing tide ..noooooooo wind ..put the lines in and broke out the chips&salsa,,,about ten mins. into it Jeff's rod did a little pump so he set the hook and fish on !!!!!!he was coming to the boat for the second time when I saw my rod tip pump ...set the hook,,, double hook up Jeff managed to get his fish in ,hand the rod over to his son and put the first one in the net ... I continued to fight the fish on my rod after a couple of tail walks it came to the boat... both fish were just a little short ,,,,44"& 44"1/2 missed a couple of bites ,,,,then set the hook on something big ,,,,peeled line off the old 975...got some back before it dove & rolled ....then snap goes the line ....was using a new leader from Benicia bait ...it has a micro chip in it .... worked reel good will be back on the river tonight ....TIGHT LINES S.C.

lovefishhappy
02-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Very nice report Sturgenchaser, go get them. Heading to P-Lines tomorrow myself.

HUND
02-15-2008, 05:45 PM
I will be passing by on my way to the rock wall ...

Heck maybe I should be fishing at the towers :-?

Craig
02-16-2008, 10:52 AM
How's the bait situation in Vallejo? I'm so tired of having to hunt and drive all over the bay area for bait! Lookin to go out on Sunday as well. Please advise if you know where to get bait.

Thanks

HUND
02-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Picked up bait in Napa ....

Allot of crap floating in the water today.

Craig
02-17-2008, 07:41 PM
I went out on Sunday 02/17 to the Napa River. C-Bisquits only had ghost and mud shrimp. Fished the incoming tide with four fisherman in my boat. Only one 44 inch shaker on the incoming. Really foggy and cold. Decided to pull the boat out during slack tide and head up to Montezuma. Got some nice grass shrimp at Norms in Vallejo before heading back up to Montezuma. Fished the outgoing near the cut and the mouth of Montezuma. Only one more very small shaker. Great day on the water. Lots of boat traffic but overall a great day of fishing.

HUND
02-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Sombody thinks there are fish to be caught at the towers. Yesterday I counted 17 boats and the Predator charter boat. Today I ran to the hwy 37 bridge ... nothing for an hour. Then three at the end of the rock wall for zip ..
Had the Happy Hooker drop in with a full boat. Never did see the net come out. Spoted the Predator up against the rock wall on the way out.
The out tide was rippin !
Anyone else see and dead birds floating by.. I counted 4 for the weekend.
That's it for me for a while. I will be back out on the 1st
Fish On !
[smiley=fishing5.gif]

GCinGV
02-18-2008, 03:02 AM
Anyone know what the water temps have been in the river lately?
Thanks Gary

HUND
02-18-2008, 04:57 PM

GCinGV
02-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks Cracker Jacks.
GC

wet_biker
02-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Keep their phone #'s. I call the day before. There is also a bait shop in Benicia.