PDA

View Full Version : P-Lines 2/16 & 17

swikmo
02-17-2008, 07:29 PM
What a weekend!

Spent fri night hookin up the x125....wow,im super impressed!Anyone wanting a lower budget fishfinder under 3 bills that thing rocks.I cant wait to play with it more.

Sat morning launched lower sherman island.Water temp 49...can say that now...lolz and was fishin 32' how bout that ;) Lines in the water by 6am and had bites consistantly all through the incoming stickin a few shaker stripers the "baby" goes off just as things were beginning to slow down.It didnt take but maybe 5 seconds and it was airborn :o So as im scrambling to get the other pole im thinkin now what...so I put it in a locking pole holer and while keeping pressure on my fish I reeled in the other......thats gunna need some practice.The fish gave me a decent 20 min run on my og beater ugly sporting 20lb knicked to all heck mono...barley got it to the boat before my leader broke but it was tired and I was able to lift it in.I couldnt believe it...a pubic hair woulda been to much >:( so back it went.Got it on good ol shad with that super sticky herring gel,banged.
http://www.cwo.com/~swikmo/fish/2172008.jpg
Not more than 10 minutes later it goes off again but this one felt much bigger and went to the bottom for min and then just took off and pop....checked my line and it cut my 20lb mono so now I no longer gotta cast to the middle of the river im switchin to braid.I went down to chain during the change to fish the outgoing and it had already changed so no waiting....love that chit.I marked tons of fish,missed some good bites but no takers.Was fishin deep there like 60" and had to use big weight to keep the bait on the bottom.I moved back up to my spot to finish the day and on my new charter special rigged with a mud/pile combo I got to fight a nice fish for a few minutes till it spit it and I even did the 3 set whammy on it >:( oh well,bad a$$ day anyways.So much that I went again today,stuck another 44" offa mud/pile that I practiced a in the water release and lost another but got a nice 18 inch striper that went back for luck.I think I need a boca grip.
http://www.cwo.com/~swikmo/fish/2182008.jpg
Today wasnt as productive and a bit windy this morning but turned out awesome.Im beat and can barely move but cant wait to do it all again in....*looks at watch*.....like 120 hours....WHOOO HOOOO ! Fish oN PEEPS!
http://www.cwo.com/~swikmo/fish/power-set.jpg

Kneedeep
02-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Way to break in the new equipment Swik. Diamonds on the deck and stripes in between. [smiley=cool.gif]

HUND
02-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Got me beat , good job ! [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=clap.gif]

GCinGV
02-18-2008, 02:47 AM
Thanks for the report Swik, sounds like you paid some dues but it paid off.
That area should only get better over the next few weeks.
Excellent report.
Gary

doneli
02-18-2008, 10:14 AM
WHOOOO!!!!! as it was said SWIKMO with your new ride the fish are not safe any more :) congratulations [smiley=cheers.gif]

-doneli-

swikmo
02-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Ive said it before......

Without all the 411 from you guys and the sniffer I would be still fishin and not catchin! What comes around goes around,so mad thanx!

G&G ~ When isnt that area good is the question and I aimes to find out.Sad news are the weeks storms that I hope dont amount to much.The last thing I need is being stuck in my own yard again.Summer time im gunna try and cement the area I have my boat in but for now me and mud dont get along to well >:( unless its the shrimpin kind ;)

BTW.....that mud shrimp for me this weekend was the hot bite or seemed to produce more and by the smell of them I can see why.

D ~ its almost taco weather! Hey isnt about your time next?

swik"addictedtofishing"mo

fishmaster
02-18-2008, 08:30 PM
We hit the water again on sunday. Had a few bites but nothing doing. Set the hook on one, missed him . He shot out of the water like he thought he was hooked >:(.

GCinGV
02-18-2008, 09:41 PM
G&G ~ When isnt that area good is the question and I aimes to find out.

I hear you man, not very often. If I had to pick one area to fish all year that would be it. The wind can be pretty brutal in the summer though.
GC

donzitroller
02-19-2008, 04:19 PM
Way to go there Skipper! Layin the smack down on the dinos.. isn't it a trip bein able to see what the bottom looks like?

;D