PDA

View Full Version : Assembly Committee to Investigate Delta Fish Kill

Dan Bacher
12-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Assemblywoman Lois Wolk will be holding an Assembly committee hearing investigating the Prospect Island fish kill on Thursday, Dec. 6, *at 9:30 a.m. in Rio Vista. I know it's on a work day, but I urge everybody concerned about the fate of the Delta fisheries to attend!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE *
December 3, 2007 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
PA 07-33 * * * * * * * * * * *
Assembly committee to investigate massive fish kill in the Delta
State agencies and fishing groups to testify on incident on Prospect Island

WHAT: * The Assembly Water, Parks, and Wildlife Committee will hold an informational hearing Thursday, December 6, to examine the circumstances that led to the deaths of thousands of fish in the Delta late last month. *

The purpose of the hearing will be to review the facts surrounding the incident on Prospect Island, the roles of the various governmental agencies involved, and assess the effects on wildlife resources. *

The hearing is open to the public. *

WHEN: Thursday, December 6, 2007. 9:30 AM

WHERE: Rio Vista City Council Chambers
One Main Street, Rio Vista, CA 94571

WHO: Assemblywoman Lois Wolk, Chair of the Committee and representative for the 8th Assembly district, will preside over the hearing.

* Representatives from the Bureau of Reclamation and the State Department of Fish and Game have been requested to testify at the hearing, in addition to representatives from fishery interests. *

For more information, contact Melissa Jones at (916) 319-2008.

###

Stripermike
12-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Well I'm still not in shape to save fish but I'm going to this hearing and make a few comments... ( hopefully without causing myself a heart attack!)

Mike