PDA

View Full Version : Napa River De-Skunking 02/09

duck0311
02-10-2008, 06:25 PM
No More Skunk for me this year!!!!!!!!!!!! * * *
I'll try to keep this shorter than the last. Launched from cutting's wharf in napa headed down river towards the bay. On the water at 1030 am. So my buddy forgot to get hsi sturgeon report card so we decide to stop on the way at wal-mart. Good thing we did because after about 30 minutes anchored up DFG comes and boards us checks all the boxes all bags everythign never had them do that before. Oh well we were legal so yeah fish in one spot for the incoming at slack tide I hear my reel start a screaming fish on lil striper 19 1/2 inches. Hey its a keeper and will taste real real good. So as tide starts heading out we decide to go out towards the channel get off the flats. So we planned on fishing till about 5pm or so ended up gonna stay till whenever we wanted to go. Ran out of beer at 7 no copenhagen all day I forgot it:( *Buddy ran out of smokes around 6 pm. No more food left around the same time as well. So after it starts to get cold I goto sleep around 1000 or so my buddy wakes me up says a boat is comign so I get up then he says he's ready to go in abotu 30 minutes. So I'm quoting myself here. I say" I'm gonna go out with a BANG put on some fresh bait." I start to reel in I feel a tug I yank back hard it pulls back then I pull with all my might and it pulls back just as hard * Fish on. I get ti to the boat in a minute or so comes out the water Holy Sh*t and he takes off for about 15 minutes of fighting he comes belly-up to the boat. after pulling us up river about a half mile. 52 inch DINO!!!!!!! Oh yeah he was caught on the SLACK Tide too . So that warmed me up a bit boosted our morale. Stayed fishign till 1230 14 hours on the water one Keeper stripper and A DINO *Second time Dino huntign and gets me one, Both fish were caught on a ghost/grass combo with smelly jelly sardine gel on it. Was extremely cold at night and wet. All in all a good day for me and no more Skunko for the Duck. *
Here he is. :) :)http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/5383/february2008026cj3.jpg

HUND
02-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Nice fish !

I was out there today too. Never did see the fish cops

metalmouth
02-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Great report Duck! It pays to check that bait!

MM

GCinGV
02-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Way to make it happen Duck. Sometimes those long hours pay off.
GC