PDA

View Full Version : 77 to 80 inch sturgeon @ dumbarton bridge

Hoochie
02-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Fished all day from about 7am to 1pm when something hit my line like a mack truck. Moved like lightning to grab my pole and set the hook. FISH ON. Seemed really big by the long run it took straigh off the back of my boat. I was alone today so I do have some cell phone pics but I dont have any real nice ones with me holding the fish. I will try and get a picture on once I get my pics from verizon pix place. *

Peace,
Hoochie

DinoBlaster
02-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Thats cool and crazy at the same time 8-)

fishon_gethenet
02-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Hoochie, nice catch..just a heads up..I think it's a no-no this year to take a fish that big and bring it on the boat for a measurement. I think the new reg is that you need to measure it on the side of the boat (in the water) and then release. I'm no expert but I remember seeing a thread about this on the sniffer a couple of weeks ago.

keepn_it_reel
02-09-2008, 09:04 PM
yeh in the past I measured on deck but now I have a mark on the side of the boat. More so not to harm the oversized fish . I hope it helps :)

STURIPER
02-10-2008, 08:43 AM
I seen Dale use a stick with tape measure attached to the end... It was the soft type like a Taylor uses... When the fish is next to the boat drop it over the side and the current will take the tape down past the tail... Hope this helps :)