PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a guide?

Earlyo
02-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Have never gone sturgeon fishing and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good guide so that I can book a charter? Let me know. How is that bite now?

Sea_Turtle
02-09-2008, 03:44 PM
I recommend Kevin @ Lucky Strike Fishing out of the Pittsburg Marina. He helped get me my first keeper in October and I learned a lot (that I'll use on my own boat). I asked a lot of questions and hovered over his shoulder as he looked for fish on the finder. My buddies and I had such a great time in October we tried to go out again a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, Kevin wasn't feeling well and the lousy weather (w/ 25 knot winds) forced us to cancel. Even though I have my own boat (that I'll be taking out Tuesday 8-), we'll definitely go out with him again.

www.luckystrikefishing.com

Hope this helps!

Bryan

redmt
02-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Stan Lewis, Neptune Sport Fishing or Barry Canevaro , Fish Hookers. Absolutely the 2 best. No hype , no stories. You want quality fish? These are the guys to call.

fish4hc
02-09-2008, 05:35 PM
I second da lucky strike.Although I never have met kevin yet,i have heard he is a stand up guy and he is always sharing tips on this site.I generally fish the same areas as he does and always se someone on his boat hooked up.

The other guys mentioned are great as well.Barry is old school and knows his stuff when it comes to the delta.You cant lose with any of these guys.

*Deltadog*
02-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Lucky Strike....Capt. Kevin...nuff said ;)
Dog

Intimidator
02-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Intimidator Sportfishing
Right Hook Sportfishing
Relentless Sportfishing

Earlyo
02-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Thanks for all your input. Hope to use the info soon and catch my first sturgeon.

crowbar1
02-10-2008, 06:46 AM
All of the captains mentioned in this thread are Great!!! They really know what they are doing.

If, however you are looking for someone to go out on your boat, and teach you how to hunt sturgeon from it, then I would recomend James McCoy from Reel McCoy Sport fishing.

The staff at Benicia Bait & Tackle will have his contact info. Often he is willing to let customers use their boats so they can learn how to fish them. Should me a little less $$ that way as well. The dude can always catch fish...

I have also been told that he has portable fish finders and GPS equipment that can be used if your boat does not have it.

STURIPER
02-10-2008, 08:34 AM
www.luckystrikefishing.com ;)