PDA

View Full Version : new daughter had heart surgery

nhbfishin
01-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Hey everyone I have been gone awhile because my new daughter Alana Morgan Placido was born with transposition of the great vessles or blue baby sindrome. She had open heart surgery which went well, but now she is fighting a blood clot problem. she is seventeen days old right now. my wife and i have been traveling back and fourth from stockton to san fran to be with her. Any and all prayers would be appreciated. I cant wait to put a fishing rod in her hands. Steven.

Lucky_Strike__Rich
01-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Steve

Stick in there Steve. My heart felt prayer for you ,your daughter and your family. Everything will be ok, She is your daughter and that means she is tough.
I will look forward to the day I can take you both fishing. You are missed on the water for sure.

Your friend Rich

dbass
01-17-2008, 12:20 PM
My prayers will go out to your darling princess Alana, my God bless your family again :)

FishWisher
01-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Good grief, Steven. :( Sorry to hear of the sad news. I'll remember her in prayer and know that all will be well.

Dale

gon_troln
01-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Steve, I know you don't know who I am however My thoughts and strength are with you and your daughter. *
Gon Troln

timetofish
01-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Steve I'm sorry to hear this [smiley=cry.gif]. I know how it feels to run back and forth to the hospital for your little girl. Give me a call if you need to talk to someone. I'll keep your family in my prayers. Check your PM's and dont hesitate to take me up on my offer. Its the least I could do. I'll give you a call this weekend.

Your friend

Brandon

leather_head
01-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Steven, Your daughter and your family will be in my prayers. Hang in there be strong believe in the higher power and things will be fine. God bless you and your family.

Leather_head

smithstation
01-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Like everyone else said, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Keep your faith strong and put it in the Lords hands. Take care and I will be praying for you. Please keep us posted. Jason

sjshark
01-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Since my father started going thru dialysis he seems to have lost a lot of motivation to live, but I pray everyday for him to find strength, and my prayers will also be with you and your family too, even if we dont know each other.

Hog
01-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Steve, I don't know you but I can relate to your situation. 16 years ago my daughter was born with pulmonary stenosis and had open heart surgery at UCSF. She has just recovered from her third pulmonary valve replacement and everything is fine. I can tell you your daughter is in the best heart hospital on the west coast. Those people perform miracles every day. A couple words of advice; if you are a man of faith hold onto that, talk with the support counselors they have on staff as far as accomodation for food and housing while you are there, get a long term parking pass for the garage across the street, it will save you about half on parking fees, if you are eating in the cafeteria they also have a discount food program. I know it's tough to leave her side, it can become an all-consuming event, but you and your wife need to take breaks from the situation, go for a walk or just go across the street for a meal. It will help revitalize you. Also, know and beleive there is a light at the end of the tunnel, this situation will pass and your lives will return to normal. If you have any questions about any of the practical things as far as motels or food you can PM me. Your family is in my prayers.

PlugROCKSTAR
01-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Steve,

My heart goes out to you and your's. We will pray for your Lil' Princess.

wmgraphics
01-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Very sad news and our families prayers go out to you and yours. We wish all the hearts in your family a speedy recovery.

sturgeon_dreamer
01-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Brother my family will pray for the best. We will all think positive. No family wishes anything like this as a new baby is here to bless us. HOpe everything will work. If I can do anything to help please let me know know. I know we have never met but it doesnt matter. PM me if I can do anything to help.

SturgeonVirgin
01-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Of course.

Thoughts and prayers for you and all of your family.

Hot_Rod
01-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Our prayers go out to you and yours Steven. I work for a hospital and it is amazing what they are able to do. I hope all will be well soon.

Ron

metalmouth
01-17-2008, 06:35 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with your daughter, your family and you Steven.

God Bless,

MM

cuhogn
01-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Steve
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
My nephew from Nevada had the same problem 24 years ago and was also treated in SF as they are well known as the "experts" with this medical condition.

chicofishrmen
01-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Prayers sent, I'm sure she'll be fine. UCSF is world renowned for their surgical innovations!

St. Gerard, who, like the Savior, loved children so tenderly and by your prayers freed many from disease and even death, listen to us who are pleading for our sick child. We thank God for the great gift of our daughter and ask him to restore our child to health if such be his holy will. This favor, we beg of you through your love for all children and mothers. Amen.

fish4hc
01-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Hang in there man.You got my prayers as well.

When you get a chance give us an update here and there so we all know how your baby is doing.

Good luck and may god bless you and your family.

bassingus
01-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Oh my,
You were blessed with a beautiful baby girl! That is sooo special. I'm sure that you know that you have one very special little lady on your hands. Be strong and most of all, believe, because before you know it you'll be bragging about her catching her first fish driving you crazy with the boys and all that stuff.
All the thoughts and prayers that are coming through at this time will only strengthen your family, just reading all of these prayers is testament to that.
So, know that your daughter will be in a lot of prayers today, tomorrow, and tomorrows tomorrow and in this I hope you will find the comfort you are seeking.

My God bless your little Alana Morgan Placido and your family.

BIG_ONE
01-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Hang in there bro we got this we got this...hang in there strong bro she'll be fine soon...god bless.

bassrook
01-17-2008, 11:32 PM
My prayer go to you and your family through this tragic bump in your life. Hog posted comments about UCSF and advice about food, parking and taking breaks. He is 110% correct. I know it is hard to do but believe me that hospital is the one of 3 top heart hospitals in the world! My family just went through a similar ordeal. My son was born feb.21 with hypoplastic left heart syndrome. He underwent his first open heart surgery at 8 days old and we went for his second at 4 months old. He is now 10 months old and doing fantastic. Kids are amazing, they are so strong and have faith. I do not go to church but I did pray every day for my sons life. THere are gonna be ups and downs. And biiig ups and dooowns. My wife and I found the ocean to be our getaway. Go there, listen to the water and pray, relax, think, something. Trust me things like this will help. We spent 3 of our first 4 months of our sons life at UCSF. THey are fantastic! Talk to CCS. We stayed at the Ronald MCdonald house for free. Hotels are outrageous. Dr. Asaki perfomed both of my sons surgeries. He is the best!
Good luck and hope all is well!

Bassrook and family

chiselchest
01-18-2008, 08:37 AM
Steve,

I don't know you or your Family. *But my prayers, my love and support are with you and her. *I will pray for her, and I hope the very best. *Maintain your strength. This must be extremely difficult for you...I can only imagine.

God Bless, and God Speed. *May she grow to be old and troublesome for you as God has intended..

nhbfishin
01-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Thank you and god bless everyone for your prayers and support. Reading all of your messages brought tears to my eyes. I have always been a very proud person who would never ask anyone for anything, but the overwhemling support my family has had humbles me so much. My faith is stronger than it has ever been in my life, and I know god heard everyons prayers. It is also times like these that remind me how there are so many good people in this world willing to help friends,family,and strangers. Alanas blood clots have not dissipated yet but the doctors are continuing with the anticoagulants, and giving her blood as needed. she is off of oxygen right now, and eating a special formula as she cant have breast milk because it can cause fluid in her lungs because of the blood clots. They have removed the feeding tube frome her nose, and two of the drainage tubes from her chest. I cant be with her right now because I am sick so my wife is there alone, but we are managing. She did finally get a room at the hospital and talkes to cds, so im hoping that all works out thank you. Once again thank you and god bless you all. Steven.

FishingTone
01-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Steve,
All my prayers to your daughter and your family!
I know how you feel and I can understand what you’re going through right now…be strong and have fate man.
My son had kidney inflation on his left side and has to get surgery when he was only 6 month old. He going to be 1yr old next month and doing well.
I was grateful that I live here in America otherwise my son would have live with only 1 kidney or could be worse….
Just hang in there and the Doctor will take good care of her.

Tone

CaliFishier
01-19-2008, 01:37 AM
Man, i'm not a prayer but i can understand your situation, i am a father of 2 little kids and is a terrible filling when something goes wrong with them.
Like i said i am not a prayer but i send you my best wishes, love and support with that situation.

hookumhi
01-19-2008, 07:13 PM
God Bless you and your family , you are in our prayers.

Greybeard
01-21-2008, 04:01 PM
We are with you all the way.To you and your family, our wishes , hopes and prayers.

fish4hc
01-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Dude,this is freaken awesome how many good people are on the fishsniffer.Im a dad as well, as alot if not all guys here and we can all feel you man.Hang in there and im sure everything will work out.You dont personally know alot of us but we are brothers to you man.

Now lets get past all the mushy stuff and get your lil girl better.

fish4hc
01-21-2008, 08:51 PM
By the way bud,if there is anything I can do for you personally to help shoot me a pm.Im serious,dont be afraid to ask.

nhbfishin
01-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks again everyone. Alana has been moved to a transitional room. they have reinserted a feeding tube because she is not eating enough to gain any weight. the blood clot is still an issue but we think she will make it past this hurdle. my two year old daughter cant wait for her to come home. she said she wants to go on "dadas boat with baby sissy". I know we are not out of the woods yet but things are definatly looking better for Alana. On anouther subject I was at the fishing and hunting show a couple years back at cal expo, and they had these very small fishing rod and reel combos that a two year old could handle. anyone know where I could find these, or if i could have them made? Steven.

Know_Excuses
01-22-2008, 09:50 AM
good news!! Are you talking about these???

http://cgi.ebay.com/Coleman-Fish-Pen-Travel-Pocket-Fishing-Rod-Pen_W0QQitemZ250208697178QQihZ015QQcategoryZ87094Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

nhbfishin
01-22-2008, 01:22 PM
no the ones i have seen before were one piece rods with an open face reel they were good quality but these might work also. thank you. steven.

smithstation
01-22-2008, 01:39 PM
They sound like an ice-fishing rod?? Maybe??

Thanks for the up-date!!

Uglystick916
01-22-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm sorry to hear that bro your all in my prayers especially your daughter i know how you feel with all this going on with her.All you and your wife can do is always be there at her side and pray that she get better so Daddy can put first fishing rod to her hand.The soft side of me comes out when i hear this things about new born baby with difficulties all we can do really is PRAY to God to make her better.... :'( :-[

bassrook
01-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Hey,

I have sent my prayers to you and might see you tommorrow. My son's head has grown at a very fast rate and they think there might be a problem with his heart. I am the guy that posted earlier this week about ccs and the great hospital. I have your daughters name from this post and will stop by the transitional room to see you guys if your are there. We will be in the transitional room also before and after his heart cath.

My name is Brad and my wife is Stephanie. Hope to see you there.

Bassrook

G-whiz
01-25-2008, 06:52 AM
I got you and Alana covered in my prayers. With all of us Sniffers praying for you guys, being close to our hearts and in our thoughts?... Things will be fine.
Be strong and keep faith.

nhbfishin
02-08-2008, 08:07 AM
Hi everyone. I want to thank everyone for their support. Alana made it home finally. She needs lots of meds but she is doing well. Again thank you and god bless. It will probably be awhile before I can get back on the water but thats ok. Steven.

smithstation
02-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Congrats!!!! That is awesome news!!!! Thanks again for the update.

FF_MYRL
02-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Thats great news. We will all still be praying for your daughter and your family.

B-RAN
02-08-2008, 04:21 PM
my prayers go out :-[ good luck man i hope your baby girl makes it