PDA

View Full Version : Back In The Saddle Again...sturgeon still biting!!

Capt'n Kev
01-22-2008, 06:48 PM
WOW...it was good to be back out on the water...well...except for it being cold, windy, and rainy...other than that it was a perfect first day back out after a two week layoff for the ISE shows.

Fishing Conditions, Locations, Baits, Scents:

Water Temp: 47
Water Clarity: Murky
Wind: 20-25
Weather: Rain, Windy, Choppy, Cold
Depth: 20ft & 49ft
Bait: Roe
Scent: J.J.
Both tides produced hook ups.

On the day, there were multiple hookups, with the largest sturgeon to the boat being 81 inches. The action was non-stop all day, with several good bites through out the day, with many more opportunities missed, even though the anglers were right on with the hooksets. Today was our first full day with all rods using the rediset rod holders from Bouy33 and they worked great in the wind and chop!!!

Gene Kindy fighting his big sturgeon......
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/LuckyStrike11/100_1146.jpg

Gene & his 81 incher......
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/LuckyStrike11/100_1149.jpg

gomezfish
01-22-2008, 07:09 PM
;)

Afishinado
01-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Hi Kev. and nice to see you out catching again. nice talking to you at the show. I forgot to buy the redi set rod holder from you nice setup. I will give buay33 a call. see you out ther amigo.Gabe

DinoBlaster
01-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Nice fish..I think you did a great job at the show plus was nice meeting your wife Thanks for all the hot tips DB ;)

Capt'n Kev
01-22-2008, 09:59 PM
THANK YOU!! JUls and I had a blast meeting many of you!!

YES....JULS is a keeper. A guy should treat his women with respect & appreciation, espcecially if you never want to loose her. What a lady to come and spend the time as both the shows, and loves to fish. Not to mention, she looks alot better than me in the booth and on the boat. Sorry..gotta brag about her!

I B 1 Lucky DUDE!!

It was good meeting many of the Sniffers there as well. Juls and I had a great time at both San Mateo and Sacramento. Looks like we will be at the Fresno Sport Show at the end of March.

If anyone here is from the Fresno area and is coming, give me a yell. I would like to meet many of the Sniffer members from that area as well.

It is good to be back out on the water....I was having withdraws!!

fish4hc
01-22-2008, 10:12 PM
great job out there!

Way to jump right back into the mix.I wish I could have made it to the show but was outta town.Wish I could of met you and others.I have yet to meet you but see you out in the same general areas as I fish.(Not many lately) :(
Next time i see you out there ill hollar at you.

Quick question for ya kev.I know you switched over to the redi sets but are those quickdraw rod holders you have on youre boat.If so,how do ya like em?I was looking to get them for striper trolling.

Once again great job!

Capt'n Kev
01-22-2008, 10:27 PM
yes...I did use the quickdraws. The biggest thing I didnt like about them was that they would not rotate as the boat moved or turned, the redisets do this, as well as provide a means of setting the hook directly from the holder. The second issue with them was that they limited me as well as clients to only being able to use rods with smaller handle wraps, again the redisets dont have that kind of problem.

Might even want to consider them for trolling. They are great for bait fishing for stripers. I have tried to get them out of the holder and even my fat butt cant pull one of them out of the holder, which is why I chose them over a balance beam or bar...but that is just my personal preference.

fish4hc
01-23-2008, 07:16 AM
Thanks kev.Yeah,thats what I was worried about on the quick draws.They looked a little small for my fat handle sturgy rods.Oh well.

SPORTcoupe
01-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Great job Kev. Way to get back into it.
Wish I would have made it to one of the shows. Would have been a good time to pick up a second rod setup as well as meet you and other sniffers. There's always next time.

Cheers,
~Alan

ibanezax
01-23-2008, 10:54 AM
:)
Nice Fish!!

NorKalkiller
01-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Nice fish Kev still trying ta talk the pops into the rod holders o yeah BTW howd you like those pics