PDA

View Full Version : boat launch near freeport/clarksburg area

liketofishalot
01-18-2008, 07:08 AM
hello everyone, my name is Ju and I am looking for a boat launch in the subject area to do a little sturgeon fishing over the weekend. I am from up north and I don't know the area very well. I need some local advice as far as security for my vehicle, launch fees and if these boat launches have docks. I will have my son with me. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Ju

BIG_ONE
01-18-2008, 02:04 PM
The 2 closest boat launch near freeport and clarksburg is at garcia bend park, there's a dock there, or the one closer to clarksburg, marina cliffs i think thats what its called, also have a dock there i believe...good luck ;)

fishin_adiction
01-19-2008, 11:17 AM
sac marina is a good one to go to if you dont care about a little longer drive down river... They are open 24 hrs, free boat launch fairly steep, can launch just about any sze boat without gettin truck wet. They have a security guard that watches the premesis, so stuff stays fairly safe, its a little further up river from garcia bend. I was there a while back(3 or 4 months) and they were puttin up a pay booth machine, so they might be chargin by now, plus i hate garcia bend launch due to past experiences with the locals! bunch off jack asses at baot launch, just cut right in and dont care that i tryin to trailer boat by my self, and yadda yadda, kinda reminds me of a small version of folsom lake boatlaunches in summer

liketofishalot
01-19-2008, 10:35 PM
thanks for the helpful info..

GN.
01-20-2008, 09:36 AM
fishin adiction

Do you know how long the boat ride is from there to the clarksburg area?

Thanks, GN

fishin_adiction
01-21-2008, 09:26 AM
I am not sure about the trip down, it took me 35 min to get to discovery park from garcia, but there are a lot of marinas, so there is no wake zones, but lookin at the maps, i think it be about the same times cause there arent as many marinas, litle futher but can stay at good cruisin speed for longer periods of time. my friend called me up and we are going to hit that up today - night. I will reply back to let you know how long of trip.

Hopefully get some good fishin in as well!

GN.
01-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks,
We launched out of discovery today and fished that general area. No bites all day. Very few fish marked. I only got one squaw fish for $35 dollars of bait. Let us know how you did.

GN

The_Angler
01-21-2008, 05:44 PM
man, thats a long ride :o

fishin_adiction
01-21-2008, 09:26 PM
yeah, so went down to this union hall to apply for new job, boat behind the truck 8-)of course!! no work, of course were gonna fish ;D
cruisin down the freeway started to smell somethin kinda funny [smiley=foottap.gif] Im lookin ahead thinkin there is a semi whose brakes are messed up or a ghetto rig burnin up some crude [smiley=captjack.gif], when low and be hold its me who is smokin!! [smiley=wallbash.gif]
I get off the road to find out that my frigin axle bearind went out in the truck and was flinging gear oil onto the brakes and so forth!! Had to call friends wifey to come pick us and boat up, and come back down with the frigin car trailer... good thing my fishin buddy has a rock crawler that sure as hell aint ever gettin smogged! loaded truck up and homeward bound. So honestly i think u had better day, even if you only got one squaw, i trade any day! How far dow did you go, my buddy and i went to verona on friday and all we got were five baby cats, think the biggest was maybee 13 or 14, it was a nice day, but lots o garbage floatin down river up there, shoot saw whole couch float by us, thought about takin a seet, looked cummfy!! ;D guy that runs the launch/resort says that he had seen people pullin out with some keepers, but not a lot..
Cant wait to get the truck fixed and dam boat out on the water, got all siked up and ready to go thought today might be good with the off and on sprinkles, but oh well

GN.
01-22-2008, 04:21 PM
That sucks. Sorry to hear that. We went down river to about the pocket area and back. There wasn't too much in the water around Sacramento. We had a ton of small bites during the outgoing tide but almost nothing during the incoming. I figured those were probably squaw fish or bullheads. The baby cat's you caught were likely bullheads. The area around Sac should be good right now. Who knows? Maybe next week will be better.

GN