PDA

View Full Version : Prepared baits

JimK
11-24-2004, 09:30 PM
I was wondering whether anyone has used the prepared baits that the bait shop in Iselton sells. The first is a salt cured sardine and the second is shrimp which has been dyhydrated, then salt cured, then rehydrated in pure shrimp oil. In theory, it sounds good but at a buck apiece, they better work. Has anyone used these two concoctions? Results?

Thx

donzitroller
11-24-2004, 11:15 PM
I just read that tonight too and was wondering if any of you had tried them. Seems to me fresh would be better, and if the prepared baits were the way to go, everyone would be doing it. FISH ON!

krzyfshrmn
11-25-2004, 08:30 AM
I'd stick with the fresh stuff myself. I have used the salted sardines for stripers and they worked O.K., but what WON'T a Striper eat :D ;D

Mr_T
11-25-2004, 09:08 AM
I say fresh is best; if you can't get fresh go for it, but it might make for a long night...

tankgrunt
11-25-2004, 09:46 AM
A buck a piece for what's likely to end up feeding the bait robbers seems a little steep.

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-26-2004, 08:56 AM
Fresh.

BIG_ONE
01-12-2008, 05:39 AM
Junky baits can work from time to time, all depends, but i stick with the fresh baits, eve tho sturgeon are bottom feeders, don't mean they are a dirty fish, they are actually a very clean fish that eats more of fresh stuff, but yeah i stick with fresh. hope this helps ;)